Continue reading “Give your classroom a summer revamp”
Audible:Important infrastructure tips for schools When you are running a school for kids, it’s important to understand that you are not just responsible for providing good education to them, but are also responsible for making sure that they are getting this education in the right environment, with the best of facilities. This is the reason why one of the main parameters that parents judge a school on, for their child, is the infrastructure. All schools must have good infrastructure for the kids to have a smooth educational and developmental journey. And maintaining this infrastructure is even more important. Continue reading “How to choose a primary school?”
We all know that traditional ways of learning requires a teacher, a chalkboard, a desk, a ruler, a pencil, and a textbook. A teacher with a stern, professional posture stands before the room with barely a smile on her face as she goes through the lesson in front of her class. This was the image seen in many movies and some adults actually had her in their classes for many, many years. She or he may have conducted a rather boring class, spending a lot of time talking over your head or talking to the chalkboard. Continue reading “10 ways to make child’s learning fun”
Education being a very important aspect of a human being’s existence is needed to nurture the child’s craft, hone his/her talents, and provide him/her with all the possible answers to all of the wonders of this world. We, the parents know this fact, and this is why we would always want the best for our children. In this respect, when the concept of homeschooling was introduced into the society, we have been astonished by the fact that there are other ways in educating our children. At first, opting for home schooling is an overwhelming matter, as most of the parents think that it is impossible to teach a child through home schooling method. However, on its basic concept, homeschooling refers to the alternative way of educating children. It is different from the usual type of schooling because the learning process is done at home and the teachers are usually the parents themselves. A particular type of teaching method obtained in a different institution is used and that provides the actual homeschooling programs. Like with many other types of education, homeschooling has provided many advantages and benefits to both parents and children. This is why many parents opted for home schooling in providing their child with the indispensable education that their children need. Some parents may find homeschooling a daunting task. For ones who find homeschooling a bit of an overwhelming task, here is a list of useful tips on how to get you started in homeschooling your child:
1. DecideThe problem that most parents face when opting for home schooling is the fact that they find it hard to finally decide whether to home school their child or not. Deciding on this kind of thing is relatively important especially because the future of the child is dependent on it. The choice should be based on the capacity of the parents to conform to the requirements in homeschooling their child. If they are able to wholly participate with whatever items were entailed in the program in order to provide the best education for their children, then a decision has to follow.
2. ProcessYou should keep in mind that homeschooling is not a one or two-time event, but rather – it is a process. Since you are aware of this, should take things one at a time. For instance, if you have a pre-school child, you should focus more on what pre-school students should learn. You should not delve more on how to teach higher levels of education that are fit for students in higher levels.
3. State lawsGet familiar with your state laws regarding homeschooling, as each state in the US has its own laws regarding homeschooling. It is best to know what your state asserts about homeschooling so that you can provide the best education for your children in conformity with the law.
4. Support groupHomeschooling should not be the only the responsibility of the parents. This is the reason why it is important to find a local “support group” where you can mingle with other homeschoolers, who can provide you with additional pointers regarding the process. Each member of the “support group” can help each other regarding the best technique in teaching the children.
5. HomeworkYou will get started on the right track by doing your homework, before beginning the homeschooling. In this manner, you will be able to know the important details you need to be familiar with, in order to provide the best education for your children. Knowing in advance, what you have to do, will give you the best guidance in homeschooling.
6. Child’s learning mannerLear the way your child learns best. It is best to assess your child’s learning manner before you choose a particular homeschooling method. Conforming to your child’s learning manner will provide the best way to your homeschool your child. As there are many choices available when teaching your child through a homeschool program, it is still best to always pattern the program that you will choose on your child’s learning style.
7. OrganizeGet the things needed for the homeschooling organised. Just like in a typical school – homeschooling your children would need different materials and a proper place where they can easily and comfortably learn new things each day. Therefore it is best to organise the place where you will be learning first, by providing an adequate space for the learning. Most children would respond to the process easily if they are comfortable with the place where their classes are held.
8. BudgetPlan how much money you will need to spend on organising the homeschooling. Some parents tend to over indulge with the materials needed in homeschooling, but this is not necessarily a good option. Just because you have lowered your expenses with opting to home school, compared to sending your children into a typical public or private school, does not have to mean that you can spend the equal amount of money or more. Set a budget for homeschooling, as there are many books and other materials that can be found on the Internet which is definitely cheaper. Homeschooling is not just a process, but also a lifestyle. It is something that you should be best acquainted with, in order to give your children the best possible education they need.
High school is an exciting time for young people. Identities begin to be established, new interests are explored, and students begin to realize what goals they have for their time beyond high school. Performing well on tests and being admitted to a college isn’t enough to succeed in the world. To make the most of your time in high school and college, and start off on the right path after your education is complete, here are several things students can focus on now: Continue reading “How to choose a career path?”
Teaching helps to uplift the standard of people and shows the students the right path to follow. The teacher helps to create a future which will bring happiness and prosperity for the country, society and a particular family. Here we discuss the present connotations associated with this job and the future trends that will have their bearing on this profession. Continue reading “Teaching as a profession: Present and future”
Homeschooling can be a grand adventure for parents and children alike. In the past it might have had a negative stigma, but in recent times with some of the issues the public schools are having, that stigma has gone away. In its place is an acceptance that has schools, colleges and businesses realizing how successful homeschooled students can be. Continue reading “What every parent needs to know about homeschooling?”
There are certain investments that every school can make, from new technology in the classroom to more comfortable desks and chairs. One of those investments is a student planner. Every school has the option to hand out these agendas to their students at the beginning of the school year. However, many schools don’t see this as a necessary investment. They reason that the student can buy a planner if they want to use one. At the same time, there are a number of benefits for schools that do invest in planners for their students. If you are still on the fence about asking this investment for your school, here are a few benefits to purchasing school-wide agendas. Continue reading “3 Benefits for schools that invest in student planners”
Visual aids are essential in teaching. The use of these aids enhance the learning of students. One specific form is the use of media. As a teacher, you can use videos or slide shows in delivering the lessons to your students. Students can also create projects using these media to enhance their learning of the subject matter or submit as a school term requirement. Continue reading “Media projects for teachers and students”
Although there are a plethora of subjects that can be extremely challenging for students during their college years, science can be particularly difficult. Despite this fact, however, there are a number of strategies you can implement to increase the likelihood that you earn the type of grades that you want. If you’re interested in getting better grades this semester in science-related courses, consider using some or all of the following four tips: Continue reading “Get all your tools together”
As a 2012 high school graduate, I witnessed firsthand what many people in the education field refer to as the “generation of wimps.” It started when I was in elementary school, where nobody got “grades,” but rather numbers which denoted how they were doing in a class. Needless to say, I never knew if I was doing particularly well or poorly. This was an effort by my elementary school to make sure that the kids didn’t tease one another for not being as smart as the rest. Continue reading “The possibility of failure in education”
Khan Academy is a non-profit organization with the goal of changing education for the better, by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere. All of the site’s resources are available to anyone: student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 30 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in micro-biology from Earth. Khan Academy’s materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge, and you can also visit their Khan Academy You Tube channel for latest video updates.
It is good to know that the technology has finally made it possible for a small group of teachers to be able to teach and engage in large groups. Teachers can use the resources more effectively and efficiently, where technology allows cheap and easy tools to lecture a large amount of people at their own pace when the student wants to learn for those who will race ahead, both the teacher and the students could help the other students who are struggling understand and catch up. Welcome to school 2.0! Edutopia – blended learning BL in simple words
Teachers know better than most the importance of budgeting. Educators, as a rule, don’t make a particularly large amount of money, and the decision to personalize, or not personalize, their classroom is typically a personal decision. Of course, a well-organized, interesting, and unique classroom is conducive to learning, so a lot of work goes into making a great classroom. With limitations on funds, space, and what you can actually find the time to accomplish, some teachers are very nearly at their wit’s end come September. Nevertheless, from organizing books and signs to finding creative ways to use classroom chairs, teachers rise to the challenge every year. This list will hopefully provide a few resources educators can use to bring a personal touch to the room in which they will impart knowledge to the next generation. Continue reading “How to personalize your classroom?”
It is self-evident that schooling at home is called homeschooling, and out of here, this is the place where children are educated at home, either by their parents, or by private tutors. Homeschooling has become popular with kids whose parents have a shifting job., as it is more convenient, because shifting schools is not only a problem for the parents, but also it may disturb the child’s study cycle. Continue reading “Do you qualify for home-schooling?”
When I was growing up, there was nothing better than bringing home a report card with good grades on it. I wasn’t a straight A student, but I got my share of A’s and B’s very few C’s. I guess I was what you call an excellent average student. My parents were always checking my report card and questioned any low grades and encouraged me to do better when they felt that I was not working up to my abilities. Since my education time up to today, good grades are still the benchmark we use to determine if a student is going to be promoted or retained. The higher achieving students, who are in high school usually strive for good grades in rigorous courses, because they know that their class ranking among other things will determine the type of college that they will be admitted to. Good grades are something what everyone wants, and for some reason, they are just about what everyone gets. Continue reading “Good grades are ok – but, Mastery is better!”