You can enjoy the online shopping from the pages of Cultus. Check the drop down menu from this page about the affiliate programs we have.
If you have programs that you want to sell, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|– Addison Wesley||– Addison Wesley Professional|
|– Prentice Hall||– Prentice Hall Professional|
|– Allyn & Bacon||– Que/Brady/SAMS Publishing|
|– Longman||– Peachpit Press|
|– Benjamin Cummings||– IBM & Cisco Presses|
|– Inform IT||– Contren Learning Press|
Purchase directly from:
Are there any principles of information processing?No, there are not. It is a function of the body, just like sneezing or daydreaming. However, there are psychological elements that are known as cognitive elements involved with information processing in the mind. Many people compare the process to computers, but the comparison is a little flawed. If you were to compare a mind to a computer, the computer would be a highway full of cars, and your mind would be an ocean full of fish.
Mixing cognitive psychology with e-teaching and e-learningLet’s start with the commonly-held idea that people are creatures of habit. If a student has a habit of ignoring traditional teaching methods because he or she is in the habit of doing so (usually a trait learned in school), then that habit is going to persist. It is up to you as a teacher to understand when this occurs and change your method of teaching to suit. Trying to force students to pay attention is often futile.
What about cognitive psychology and attention?Selective attention is a person’s ability to ignore other things and concentrate on a single thing. Attention capacity is another way of defining how long a person concentrates on something. Be careful how you use these principles. Many sub-standard teachers will teach a person something and then quit for a while because they do not want to “overload” them with information. This is often a foolish thing to do because people have a very high capacity for learning. If you cover a topic in full, then your students may not understand it all, but you can keep going over it again and again until they do. In addition, you can cover it all first, and then segment the lessons and approach it again in smaller chunks. Test the hypothesis if you wish. If a student seems to be struggling with a simple problem, turn up the heat and make it more difficult. For example, when teaching young children to tell the time, you may use an online tool that has the big and little hands spinning around a clock. Ask the student to stop the hands at a certain time. If they continue to struggle, turn up the speed of the clock. You may find that they actually make faster progress than when the clock was moving slowly. Use the way your students think and learn to engage with them Doing a little research into your own students and finding out how they learn best is obviously going to help you teach more effectively. As a race, we seem to look for patterns, even if no patterns exist. HowStuffWorks created a nice article about how people still believe the Illuminati exists because people look for patterns and connect the dots where there are none to connect. Michael Shermer said we are “Pattern-seeking animals,” meaning we are, “Neurologically hard-wired to seek explanations and put the pieces together – even when there is no connection.” Search and test for the patterns that your learners are using. If you are dedicating a little time and effort into getting into the minds of your learners, you will be a more effective teacher. Dyslexic and autistic people have very different thinking and connecting patterns to other people, which is why many traditional classes seem to fail them.
Learning by copyingWe learn by copying from a very early age. There is a theory that smiling is an instinct we are born with, but it is squashed by the fact that babies may be copying what their parents do. They may not smile because they are happy, they may smile because they see their parents doing it and they start to notice that they get more attention if they smile and act cute.
How does this relate to e-teaching and e-learning?Do not rule out the power of copying. For example, men with guy friends that are good at talking to women will often become better at it themselves. They see how their friends do it, and they learn, both consciously and unconsciously, how to talk to women in an attractive manner. If you want to teach your students how to write better essays, then order a few from Assignment Masters and let your students see how it is done. Have your students write essays on a topic, then order some from the professionals and let the students compare theirs with the professional one. The students are not learning by plagiarism, they are simply seeing how something is done so they may understand and copy the concepts at play. Be wary of parallel processing Some people still claim they are expert multi-taskers, despite the fact that it is widely believed that multitasking is a myth, and that you are simply switching quickly from one task to another. Our brains are able to parallel process things. For example, you are now breathing while your heart is beating. However, when it comes to attention, we are only capable of serial processing. Students should be dissuaded from multitasking and asked to complete one objective fully before starting the next. In addition, if your lessons include multitasking elements, do as much as you can to lower the amount a student does, and it may increase the quality of their work. Author: Mary Kleim is an educational specialist. She is working on development E-learning Associations which is created for those who are willing to reach success by distant learning. She is going to launch her own distant course of distant course creation.
E-learning through mobiles is empowering a powerful situationSpecialists trust that the procedure of making training accessible all day and all night guarantees better results and that is empowering more learners and establishments to take up online instruction. The era at present that cherishes investing energy stuck to contraptions is to a great degree cheerful about new age innovation that permits individuals to for all intents and purposes convey classes in their pockets. As per a late report by Ambient understanding, the US instructive business sector has earned a selling so as to excite measure of $958.7 in 2010 versatile learning items. The overview likewise demonstrated a mammoth ascent and anticipated it to develop more than 10% consistently in next five years. Bring your own gadget or BYOD – is another idea being massively embraced by schools nowadays. The different offices of online training including the choice of learning through video direction and live web exchanges have empowered a considerable measure of schools and universities to begin online classes. Thus, instructors, who at some point back used to set up notification against utilizing mobiles as a part of school, now feel that cell phones have gotten to be vital instructive devices in most recent couple of years. The prime explanation for why contemplating through portable and PCs appears to be so applicable to class understudies is that era have grown up seeing, hearing and playing with innovation. The developing associate of people with hey tech hardware is obviously a reason that has helped the ascent in versatile adapting fundamentally.
3 amazing tips for engaging students in e-learning
- Trigger prior knowledge:
- Ask them what their objectives are:
- Have their objectives at the top of the priority list when instructing:
1. Any. DoWhen it comes to organising various forms of academic tasks in the desired manner then all college students are needed to use this amazing app as much as possible. There is no point of denying this attribute that a lot of students can make their education lives more enjoyable and hassle free with the help of using the benefits and features of this app in reality. Actually, it allows students to develop their own to do list and at the same time, this list could be easily developed considering the demands and preferences of students in a great way. This type of list is easily accessible from anywhere and in this way students are able enough to synchronise their all tasks in the best possible manner.
2. DropboxCollege students are always recommended to use the exciting features of dropbox so that they are able to secure all their coursework or notes in an appropriate way. With the help of Dropbox, students can easily upload different kinds of files in an efficient manner. At the same time, they can upload pictures or images, videos and documents in the cloud in order to access them online from any part of the world. Students can easily attain peace of mind by the help of using the app of drop box through which students can share their useful data with other students in an effective way.
3. MailboxAt times, it becomes difficult for students to manage their record or data of e-mails that are so much crucial and important for them. Therefore, mailbox should be used in order to secure your confidential and important emails in a proper way. The importance of mailbox should be assumed in the right manner as students are allowed to use different kinds of swipe commands so that they are able to clean their inbox to a certain extent. At the same time, students are also allowed to archive their e-mails and they can also set reminders to a considerable level. In this process, students could also work on different e-mails at a time in order to save their precious time.
4. ScribdThis is another wonderful app that has been developed in recent years for the sake of making the learning scenarios of students interesting and attractive. Therefore, all college students are highly recommended to use this app as much as possible so that they are able to obtain best outcomes in the future. This app is regarded as the most productive online library because students can easily obtain information and awareness regarding different subject matters and issues in a great way. Scribd actually provides the service through which students are allowed to explore different sorts of books and documents in an efficient way. At the same time, students are also allowed to explore and identify different forms of information so that they can enhance their level of learning to a great extent. At the same time, students have this amazing opportunity that they can organise or develop their own form of documents according to their own requirements. Scribd also offers the facility to various students in developing their own library in which they can easily maintain different kinds of data quite easily. These sorts of data could be easily perceived in the form of documents, books, notes and at the same time, they can share these types of information with other students as well.
5. EasyBibStudents during the time of their college education find the task of essay writing quite difficult and as a result, they are unable to attain the required deliverables in the end. Therefore, in order to provide maximum benefit and support in the process of essay writing, students are strongly recommended to use the features of the easy bib in a great way. With the help of Easy bib, students will be able to easily identify the correct form of citations in the best possible manner. As a result, college students will be able to complete their tasks of essay writing in an efficient way and at the same time, they will complete the bibliography section in a reasonable manner. Final Thoughts All the above-mentioned apps are specifically designed in order to bring the desired level of satisfaction and ease in the life of every college student. Therefore, it is the high time for all those college students to use these amazing apps for the sake of making their educational lives informative and productive. There is the likelihood that students will be able to gain required deliverables in the future provided that these apps are rightly used by the students. About the Author: Kate Silverton is an experienced educator and has worked for different colleges as a lecturer. During her professional career, she has been able to influence the learning extents of different students in a positive way. Apart from this, she also takes the time to interact with students to provide them help with dissertation of different colleges on various social media platforms so that they are able to improve their learning capacities to the desired level.
- Professional Requirements
- TESOL Focus Courses
- Technology in Education
- Technology Integration
Many high school students are now considering the option of taking MOOCs, which is an abbreviated form of Massive Open Online Course, where a platform is given to the students, teaching assistants and professors online to interact, as well as access the resources and content made available for free to them to reuse, as well as reproduce. There are many reasons why the high school students need to take these courses. Continue reading “Reasons to consider MOOCs”
Everyone dreams of writing exceptional essays and academic work. Students aspire to become great writers so they can achieve their aims and milestones in different subjects. Trying to manage a good grade is what every student dreams of and looks forward to finding, but they always end up without it just because they cannot write well or the essay is too complicated for their understanding. Writing an essay with exceptional writing skills means two things. First is that you should be prepared to write on a difficult topic through your knowledge and research, the second is to make sure you have done some pre-writing activities that will help you get into the groove of writing well. Continue reading “How to write an academic essay?”
Try Google Scholar for a better research:
Look up Khan Academy:
Yes! Wikipedia can be used too!
One of the most comprehensive place in the e-learning industry network dedicated to the best education infographics is e-learning infographics.com. Formed by a team of creative, hard-working, and passionate online educators, one can find the best education infographics based on a thriving community of 75,000+ online educators, teachers, instructional designers, professors, and in general, professionals that have a great passion about education.eLearningInfographics supports 16 education infographics categories Gamification Infographics MOOC Infographics Mobile Learning Infographics Social Learning Infographics Special Education Infographics Adult Education Infographics Distance Education Infographics Educational Technology Preschool Infographics K12 Infographics Higher Education Infographics Continuing Education Infographics eLearning Infographics Instructional Design Infographics Teacher Infographics Student Infographics
- What type of program should you be enrolling in?
- What university should you be going for?
- What course duration and specifics should you take?
- Whether you should go for foreign or local education centers?
As with the advancement in technology, social media channels grow day by day, each adopts their own personality.
LinkedIn is the oldest in the family.
Instagram is the playful teen, that opened its restaurant with the money for the family.
Facebook is the walking political argument that everyone know not get started.
And Twitter? Twitter is the wild child of the whole bunch.Continue reading “Why Twitter “works” in education?”
Do you really want your students to be more engaged in studies and participate actively in every activity?
Well, if yes – you can do this by using a large variety of iPad apps available to use free of charge.
These apps will not only save a lot of time but will also motivate and encourage your students. Below you can read about at least 9 iPad Apps exclusively developed for teachers.Continue reading “Top 9 free-to-use iPad apps for teachers, students and parents”
The world has come a long way since the time of the Greeks. Then the Persians and Arabs kept the wheels of math algorithms turning, while western nations wallowed in the Dark Ages. Continue reading “Algorithms are the playgrounds of the future”