Fit everyone’s scheduleIf you want to make your program more accessible to anyone at any time of day, you will need to take the on-demand route (not unlike mega-successful Netflix). Your modern e-learners are seeking platforms where they can learn what they want to learn at their every whim. Waiting for time slots doesn’t appeal to this audience, as it may clash with their schedules or they may simply lose interest altogether. Pre-recorded and on-demand education works in your favour, too. You’ll be able to re-use materials across years, rather than bringing in new instructors each time to conduct new lectures.
Welcome users backAllowing your users to work at their own pace and on their own schedules may mean some erratic metrics when it comes to your average daily users. You may find that some users are very active for a few weeks, followed by an idle period for a few weeks, and so on and on. But chances are, your users will come back after these bouts of absence, and when they do, be ready. Make it easy for your e-learners to pick up where they left off, without penalty. Recommend some refresher exercises, but don’t send them backwards.
Keep it short and sweetStructure your course content in a way that is easily digestible. Full-length videos and lectures have no place in the modern e-learners’ schedules, so break it down into components no more than a few minutes each. And when creating your content, just delve right into the need-to-know information and avoid the fluffy introductions.
Make it interactiveDevelop some e-learning components that require participation from your audience. This can take the form of quizzes, practice exercises, or a rewards program that they can share on social media as they progress. Interactivity will also help with content retention, so users will be able to make the most out of their learning experience.
Add some funOne of the best ways to keep any audience engaged is to make the material fun. Often, this can take the form of educational games. A trivia-style component, complete with timers, hints, and rewards can keep users engaged at length. Content aside, the game modules alone might just be enough to keep your users eager to continue.
Integrate social mediaAdding a social outlet to your course is a fantastic way to make your users feel less isolated with their learning experience. Linking the program to social media allows them to interact with other learners while holding each other accountable for regular progress. It’s also a way for users to show off their progress to their circles (which is great marketing for you, by the way!). When you design your e-learning curriculum (and e-learning platform design), try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who is tech savvy, working from multiple devices, and strapped for time. Doing so, will guide you to a strategy that will help you yield more user engagement. And once you have a strategy in place, be sure to collect user feedback along the way. Hint: you’ll want to make the feedback system brief and seamless as well, because remember—it’s all about time! Emily Burgess is part of the team behind Course Guru, an Australian business specializing in online training and education. She likes to share her professional experiences and insights through blogging.
BiologyThere is perhaps no other degree on earth that, well, puts you closer to earthly elements, such as plants, animals, people, and the environments in which they thrive in. Biology is a great course to major in if you are interested in science and wish to develop a deeper understanding of its broad components. Most Biology curriculum are loaded with hands-on classroom and field training.
MBAA civil engineering degree instills the knowledge and skills to become an engineer in any organization you decide to pursue. A civil engineering degree particularly yields a more fulfilling career since demand for expertise in advancing IT infrastructures remain high. Businesses across the globe are headhunting people with a sound background in networking concepts, database management, and programming.
EconomicsWhile you don’t really see those typical Wall Street suits walking around with fulfillment written in their face, having a degree in Economics can get you in the front doors of hedge funds and investment banks that pay handsome fees. Yet what’s more personally fulfilling is that people who have a natural command over economic and financial models and mathematical algorithms will find the environment to be challenging and mentally stimulating. When you get tired working in the office environment, you can simply set up a trading floor of your own at home and just trade with a personal account.
EnglishThough they say an English degree is impractical nowadays due to the high costs of tuition and the relatively low demand for English majors, it’s still a worthy risk to undertake. Having an English degree allows you to work as a writer/editor, which gives you freedom to work from anywhere and at any pace while making the same or even more dollars than people working in offices. Before diving into any school or coursework, make sure you weigh the pros and cons beforehand. Creating a fulfilling career is all about thorough planning and preparation. It’s about planting small stones one at a time to create a solid career foundation for your future. Bio: Rachelle Wilber is a freelance writer living in the San Diego, California area. She graduated from San Diego State University with her Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Media Studies. She tries to find an interest in all topics and themes, which prompts her writing. When she isn’t on her porch writing in the sun, you can find her shopping, at the beach, or at the gym. Follow her on Twitter@RachelleWilber and Facebook
1. Any. DoWhen it comes to organising various forms of academic tasks in the desired manner then all college students are needed to use this amazing app as much as possible. There is no point of denying this attribute that a lot of students can make their education lives more enjoyable and hassle free with the help of using the benefits and features of this app in reality. Actually, it allows students to develop their own to do list and at the same time, this list could be easily developed considering the demands and preferences of students in a great way. This type of list is easily accessible from anywhere and in this way students are able enough to synchronise their all tasks in the best possible manner.
2. DropboxCollege students are always recommended to use the exciting features of dropbox so that they are able to secure all their coursework or notes in an appropriate way. With the help of Dropbox, students can easily upload different kinds of files in an efficient manner. At the same time, they can upload pictures or images, videos and documents in the cloud in order to access them online from any part of the world. Students can easily attain peace of mind by the help of using the app of drop box through which students can share their useful data with other students in an effective way.
3. MailboxAt times, it becomes difficult for students to manage their record or data of e-mails that are so much crucial and important for them. Therefore, mailbox should be used in order to secure your confidential and important emails in a proper way. The importance of mailbox should be assumed in the right manner as students are allowed to use different kinds of swipe commands so that they are able to clean their inbox to a certain extent. At the same time, students are also allowed to archive their e-mails and they can also set reminders to a considerable level. In this process, students could also work on different e-mails at a time in order to save their precious time.
4. ScribdThis is another wonderful app that has been developed in recent years for the sake of making the learning scenarios of students interesting and attractive. Therefore, all college students are highly recommended to use this app as much as possible so that they are able to obtain best outcomes in the future. This app is regarded as the most productive online library because students can easily obtain information and awareness regarding different subject matters and issues in a great way. Scribd actually provides the service through which students are allowed to explore different sorts of books and documents in an efficient way. At the same time, students are also allowed to explore and identify different forms of information so that they can enhance their level of learning to a great extent. At the same time, students have this amazing opportunity that they can organise or develop their own form of documents according to their own requirements. Scribd also offers the facility to various students in developing their own library in which they can easily maintain different kinds of data quite easily. These sorts of data could be easily perceived in the form of documents, books, notes and at the same time, they can share these types of information with other students as well.
5. EasyBibStudents during the time of their college education find the task of essay writing quite difficult and as a result, they are unable to attain the required deliverables in the end. Therefore, in order to provide maximum benefit and support in the process of essay writing, students are strongly recommended to use the features of the easy bib in a great way. With the help of Easy bib, students will be able to easily identify the correct form of citations in the best possible manner. As a result, college students will be able to complete their tasks of essay writing in an efficient way and at the same time, they will complete the bibliography section in a reasonable manner. Final Thoughts All the above-mentioned apps are specifically designed in order to bring the desired level of satisfaction and ease in the life of every college student. Therefore, it is the high time for all those college students to use these amazing apps for the sake of making their educational lives informative and productive. There is the likelihood that students will be able to gain required deliverables in the future provided that these apps are rightly used by the students. About the Author: Kate Silverton is an experienced educator and has worked for different colleges as a lecturer. During her professional career, she has been able to influence the learning extents of different students in a positive way. Apart from this, she also takes the time to interact with students to provide them help with dissertation of different colleges on various social media platforms so that they are able to improve their learning capacities to the desired level.
As with the advancement in technology, social media channels grow day by day, each adopts their own personality.
LinkedIn is the oldest in the family.
Instagram is the playful teen, that opened its restaurant with the money for the family.
Facebook is the walking political argument that everyone know not get started.
And Twitter? Twitter is the wild child of the whole bunch.Continue reading “Why Twitter “works” in education?”
A day in the life of a legal secretaryLegal secretaries do a lot more than just type and file all day. They pretty much run the law firm, making sure that all organisational and administrative tasks are up to date. They will plan, schedule and minute meetings and appointments, handle email and website enquiries, deal with incoming and outgoing post, and make travel and hotel arrangements where needed. You will be working for senior executives and lawyers and you will be expected to take jobs off their desk so that they can concentrate on the higher-level work.
Computer skillsYour computer skills will need to be first class, as on any given day you will be expected to write reports, proofread and edit documents, draw up spreadsheets, maintain databases and manage online diaries. If you think your computer skills might need brushing up then it’s well worth going on a few courses to get yourself up to speed.
Legal knowledgeYou will pick up a lot of legal knowledge along the way, but you will need to know the basics. You will need to attend court, prepare lengthy documents and you’ll need to be familiar with all the legal jargon. A lot of people start off as normal secretaries in law firms before they ascend to legal secretary status because they understand that they will pick up a lot of the knowledge along the way.
Physical demandsBecause you will spend a long time at your desk every day you will need to know that you can handle being indoors for long periods of time. Your body may suffer from the amount of typing you have to do and RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) is a common complaint. You may get eye strain from using a computer so much and you’ll need to go for regular eye tests. Keyboard work is even linked to carpal tunnel syndrome so it’s important you mitigate the damage by maintaining a good posture and taking loads of breaks. Obviously, you will have to be very good at grammar punctuation, and spelling, but you will also need to be a people person as you will be coming into contact with people from all walks of life on a regular basis. If you still think this is the job for you then we wish you the best of luck in your career! About the Author: Since Jenny Wadlow is a freelance blogger, her interests and insight might help you through your daily dilemmas. Especially job seekers can benefit from her articles about recruitment agencies in Melbourne. You can catch up with her on Twitter @JennyWadlow. If you want to learn more about online secretary option you might want to visit: Legal secretary courses Secretary course
- Choose the right college
- Read about established marine engineers
- Network with industry experts
- Know the recent events
E-learning is becoming more and more present in an increasing number of social media.
The tools that the people are currently using for distributed e-learning vary and get better with every new technology improvement.
In the infographic below you will see which social media uses which tool, to introduce the e-learning. Feel free to plunge and leave your comment!
There’s no way of escaping exams, so it’s really important for students to find efficient ways to revise the information they’ve learnt. Revision is extremely important, since it enables students to observe their progress and get a high score. Therefore, you’re about to see some guidelines that should be applied by all students interested in revising efficiently.Continue reading “Effective online education revision techniques”
Getting experience before getting a job has become a necessity. In order to get a job, you need to have worked in a job before. While this sounds like a case of Catch-22 fear not, if you do an internship you can be much more sure to find a job rather than being the one who keeps on yelling “I’m cold” in your plane wreck of a career.Continue reading “Summer Internships: a full guide”