The Browser WarWith the release of Windows 10, Microsoft has reworked its aging Internet Explorer with the announcement of Edge. This is an attempt to regain their grasp of the users for browsing the net. However, even after all their efforts, Google still has the lead with Chrome. This is clear with over 75% internet users preferring Chrome over Edge which is a huge margin. Having a dominant internet browser is crucial, as it becomes a major platform for online education. And this is where Microsoft has a severe disadvantage. Microsoft has recently announced implementing Global CSS to expand Edge as well as pushing them to open source territory to attract developers. Progress has been slow, however, and Google also has a firm foundation with Chrome (which already has all those features).
App MarketThe increase in the usage of mobile devices has exploded the demand for apps. Even more interesting is the fact that smart phones are becoming popular even in underdeveloped countries. Therefore, it gives both companies a bigger chance to launch superior educational apps for the online store. This is probably the one place where both are tied. Google Play and Microsoft Store have yet to have a big impact on the educational sector.Microsoft has recently announced Microsoft Education which is a web based application for students. Only time will tell if that gives them a good head start over Google.
Social MediaBuilding a strong community and network of teachers and students is a big step in online education, and both companies have to compete with Facebook over this. Google Plus+ has always had a hard time gaining grounds, and Microsoft has recently brought Socl into Windows 10, but lacks the users. Microsoft has however developed a strong network for education in IT with their Microsoft Developer Network. In conclusion, Google has a greater edge over Microsoft for online education, but the latter company still dominates the OS market, which they can benefit from by expanding to mobile devices. Author Bio: Jeremy Ramsay has been writing for OrderMyPapers.com for many years now. He has ten years of writing experience. As a web developer himself, he means to gain inside knowledge as to how the different internet companies are adapting their business model to fit the changing society. For more Follow him on Twitter , Facebook. Google+.
1. Any. DoWhen it comes to organising various forms of academic tasks in the desired manner then all college students are needed to use this amazing app as much as possible. There is no point of denying this attribute that a lot of students can make their education lives more enjoyable and hassle free with the help of using the benefits and features of this app in reality. Actually, it allows students to develop their own to do list and at the same time, this list could be easily developed considering the demands and preferences of students in a great way. This type of list is easily accessible from anywhere and in this way students are able enough to synchronise their all tasks in the best possible manner.
2. DropboxCollege students are always recommended to use the exciting features of dropbox so that they are able to secure all their coursework or notes in an appropriate way. With the help of Dropbox, students can easily upload different kinds of files in an efficient manner. At the same time, they can upload pictures or images, videos and documents in the cloud in order to access them online from any part of the world. Students can easily attain peace of mind by the help of using the app of drop box through which students can share their useful data with other students in an effective way.
3. MailboxAt times, it becomes difficult for students to manage their record or data of e-mails that are so much crucial and important for them. Therefore, mailbox should be used in order to secure your confidential and important emails in a proper way. The importance of mailbox should be assumed in the right manner as students are allowed to use different kinds of swipe commands so that they are able to clean their inbox to a certain extent. At the same time, students are also allowed to archive their e-mails and they can also set reminders to a considerable level. In this process, students could also work on different e-mails at a time in order to save their precious time.
4. ScribdThis is another wonderful app that has been developed in recent years for the sake of making the learning scenarios of students interesting and attractive. Therefore, all college students are highly recommended to use this app as much as possible so that they are able to obtain best outcomes in the future. This app is regarded as the most productive online library because students can easily obtain information and awareness regarding different subject matters and issues in a great way. Scribd actually provides the service through which students are allowed to explore different sorts of books and documents in an efficient way. At the same time, students are also allowed to explore and identify different forms of information so that they can enhance their level of learning to a great extent. At the same time, students have this amazing opportunity that they can organise or develop their own form of documents according to their own requirements. Scribd also offers the facility to various students in developing their own library in which they can easily maintain different kinds of data quite easily. These sorts of data could be easily perceived in the form of documents, books, notes and at the same time, they can share these types of information with other students as well.
5. EasyBibStudents during the time of their college education find the task of essay writing quite difficult and as a result, they are unable to attain the required deliverables in the end. Therefore, in order to provide maximum benefit and support in the process of essay writing, students are strongly recommended to use the features of the easy bib in a great way. With the help of Easy bib, students will be able to easily identify the correct form of citations in the best possible manner. As a result, college students will be able to complete their tasks of essay writing in an efficient way and at the same time, they will complete the bibliography section in a reasonable manner. Final Thoughts All the above-mentioned apps are specifically designed in order to bring the desired level of satisfaction and ease in the life of every college student. Therefore, it is the high time for all those college students to use these amazing apps for the sake of making their educational lives informative and productive. There is the likelihood that students will be able to gain required deliverables in the future provided that these apps are rightly used by the students. About the Author: Kate Silverton is an experienced educator and has worked for different colleges as a lecturer. During her professional career, she has been able to influence the learning extents of different students in a positive way. Apart from this, she also takes the time to interact with students to provide them help with dissertation of different colleges on various social media platforms so that they are able to improve their learning capacities to the desired level.
As with the advancement in technology, social media channels grow day by day, each adopts their own personality.
LinkedIn is the oldest in the family.
Instagram is the playful teen, that opened its restaurant with the money for the family.
Facebook is the walking political argument that everyone know not get started.
And Twitter? Twitter is the wild child of the whole bunch.Continue reading “Why Twitter “works” in education?”
- Choose the right college
- Read about established marine engineers
- Network with industry experts
- Know the recent events
E-learning is becoming more and more present in an increasing number of social media.
The tools that the people are currently using for distributed e-learning vary and get better with every new technology improvement.
In the infographic below you will see which social media uses which tool, to introduce the e-learning. Feel free to plunge and leave your comment!