Are you an MBA aspirant and planning to take CAT 2014 or other reputed MBA entrance exams? If yes, then it is the time to choose a right coaching institute that can gear you up for belling the CAT! The following post shares important things you should consider before selecting a CAT coaching.
Cracking highly competitive exams like CAT requires an early preparation. CAT Exam acts like a gateway to seek admission in several top ranking B-schools in India. Now when CAT 2013 is gone, it is the time for the next batch of students to prepare themselves for CAT 2014 and other MBA Entrance exams such as MAT, SNAP, IRMA and IIFT.
This is the crucial time for any student to decide which coaching center to join for learning the right strategy of clearing the exam. Nowadays, when numerous coaching classes claim to be the best one, it becomes highly cumbersome for students to decide which one is better.
Here we share some important factors that should be considered at the time of picking any CAT Entrance exam coaching institute.
Benchmarks you should test Coaching centers on
- Faculty: How well you learn the difficult concepts, understand exam strategies, and develop accuracy has a lot to do with the experience of the faculty. A coaching class that includes experienced faculty members should be the first choice of the aspiring candidate. Cracking competitive exams like CAT is all about accuracy and speed of solving the multiple questions belonging to different subject areas. Faculty experienced in teaching short-cuts, developing problem solving skills help students in cracking such exams. To gain clarity, you can take feedback about the faculty from current and previous batches.
- Study material: For further study at home, study material and test papers offered by exam preparation coaching classes plays a crucial role in the overall learning of the students. Hence, it is important to check the standard of the basic study material offered by the coaching. The kind of study material a coaching institute offers says a lot about its teaching methodology. Many reputed coaching classes also offer online discussion forums and online study material to ensure 24X7 assistance. So, check how active your coaching institution is in offering online support.
- Batch size: Students should preferably join coaching institute that runs a small batch size. It helps in better understanding and gain personal attention from the faculty. In order to earn more, many coaching institutes include a large batch size, which results in overcrowded classes and slow learning.
- Quality and number of practice tests offered: Any good coaching institute will focus on preparing students for the CAT exam. For this, more number of mock test one takes, the more he can improve on speed, accuracy and better understanding on weaker sections. Join a reputed coaching class that offers sufficient number of quality test papers for practice. Many coaching classes also offer monthly magazines to keep their students informed about the latest news and events across the globe.
- Infrastructure: Many institutes offer excellent library facility, computer labs for online tests, and discussion rooms to prepare students for all the levels of the exam. Hence, it is advisable to check the infrastructural facilities offered by the institute.
- Location: Last, but not the least, location is another important factor that should be considered at the time of choosing a coaching institute. It is wise to pick a class that is not too far off and saves your hours to daily visit the center.
While these coaching classes can only guide you in your exam preparation, finally cracking any exam depends on the overall efforts and dedication of the student.
So, gear up and start your CAT preparation now!
Author: Swati Srivastava is a prolific writer with a wide range of interesting ideas to share with the readers in the field of education. Her articles and blog posts are published on various reputed educational websites like shiksha.com. The above post shares the tips to find a right MBA Entrance Exams Coaching Institution.