“Children are a gift from God.” – This quote is very common in every part of the world. Their innocence is their quality, which guides them to be either great in future or not.
A proper guidance is always required when it comes to the education of a child. Home tuitions in Malaysia are highly trending nowadays. This has given a boom in the tuition industry. There are many agencies who dive into this service to provide home tutors to the parents for their child.
When a parent approaches a home tutor, he has to be extra careful with many of the points. As the matter of fact is it’s all about his child’s future.
What will you learn from this post?
Compositely many things. I will not only give you factors that will help you in selecting a home tutor but also cover the pre-hiring factors before considering any tutor for hire. Let’s get you started on the pre-hiring factors first.
Points to consider while selecting a tutor
You need to follow the below advice, prior selecting a home tutor for your child:
- The first thing you need to do is determine the need for a home tutor. Understand the requirement such as which type of teacher will be the best for your child? Which subject? Stuff like that.
- Start searching for multiple tutors and start the interview process.
- You need to be sure about the subject for which you need a tutor for your child. There might be just a few areas where your child needs help. So, target that area only.
- Make sure to keep the time and days planned according to your child’s need. How many hours does she/he actually needs tutoring plus number of days in a week?
- You can try finding a home tutor by either word of mouth, tutoring agencies and the best of them all, Internet.
- Cross check the credentials of the short-listed tutors to make sure that they disclosed all their qualifications correctly.
- Always remember that the reputation of a tutor or the agency plays a pivotal role. You can inquire from other parents who have experienced his/her services.
- Always make sure that you are paying in accordance with the market norms and the quality of his services. You can compare the price by scaling it with other tutors of same or identical experience and skills.
Steps for selecting a home tutor
Qualification & Experience
As a parent, you must inquire about the relevant experience of the tutor and his/her qualifications as well. You need to be sure that the tutor is well versed for your child’s level and expertise. There are loads of primary and secondary school teachers who are up for hire. Make sure to get the right one for your child’s future.
Tutoring Skills & Practical Knowledge
Every child has a different set of abilities and skills which need to be nurtured by the home tutor. Children are versatile in nature and they need special care that can motivate them enough to achieve success in the nearing future. As their parent, it is your duty to inquire about all the teaching methodologies and skills of a home tutor.
An efficient verbal communication is a must when someone is tutoring. An effective communication will help the tutor to build a positive relationship with your child. The tutor must have fluency in communicating with your child. This effect will reflect in your child as they tend to get influenced by their elders.
Tutor’s Ability To Connect With The Students
I know that sounds kind of easy to hear it first, but if a tutor is not connecting with your child, he can lose interest either in the study or in the subject. A true tutor not only just teaches and educates, she/he is responsible for motivating your child in the right direction. Pushing your child to leave her/his comfort zone is the only way of getting success and if a tutor is connected with your child, he/she can be the factor that can accelerate his pace towards success.
An Exam-Oriented Preparation
Your child belongs to a specific cultural background and requires strategies for learning. Exams are not very judgmental but still crossing these ladders are important. You need to make sure that the tutor has enough aptitude to cater the exam needs. He must guide your child with all the practical knowledge of the subject to hone his skills in the subject. He must offer some material of course and educational tools that can help your child to perform well in exams.
What Assessment Tools Does He Use
As a responsible parent, you must be aware of every academic development of your child. So, you must request for feedbacks and periodic reports to showcase your child’s improvement. You must keep a check on the developments of your child’s education as it is the only thing that is going to make future.
These are the pointers where you must emphasize before you hire a home tutor in Malaysia. Allow me to provide you with the summary of the post to make sure that you understand the importance of these points.
- As a parent, you must inquire about the relevant experience of the tutor and his qualifications as well.
- As their parent, it is your duty to inquire about all the teaching methodologies and skills of a home tutor.
- An efficient verbal communication is a must when someone is tutoring. An effective communication will help the tutor to build a positive relationship with your child.
- A true tutor not only just teaches and educates, she/he is responsible for motivating your child in the right direction.
- You need to make sure that the tutor has enough aptitude to cater the exam needs. He must guide your child with all the practical knowledge of the subject to hone his skills in the subject.
- You must request for feedbacks and periodic reports to showcase your child’s improvement.
I hope you like the post. Please do share it. Did I miss something here? Let me know via comments and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, have a great day ahead.
Author : Robert Wilson was born and raised in Malaysia. He is working as a blogger and Home Tutor for ChampionTutor. He’s hardworking, competent and trustworthy. His role within the company is to manage a team of Tutors. In his spare time, he loves to read, write and watch movies.
Did you find this useful? Feel free to bookmark or post to your timeline.