What happens when the parents of a low SES are not educated and irresponsible?Ironically, this is the case even in developed countries, and the children suffer due to a lack of responsibility shown by their parents. This is also a concern with minorities having a low paying job.
Social environment and the socio-economic statusSociety plays a vital role is setting high standards for the children from low SES’s. Schools having a low SES (Socioeconomic status) also suffer from absenteeism and qualified teachers leaving their schools. Suggestions like; improving the overall resources and funding for the school can be beneficial to the overall educational system.
The high SES schools show convincing improvements in academic achievementChildren who have a lower SES tend to take more time learning basic language skills. As a consequence, they pick up tasks like addition and subtraction very late, making them weaker in studies and missing their exams.
The general and psychological health of high SES children is much betterMuch behaviour related problems can be observed in children from Low SES, and when these children reach teenage and college, this situation becomes worse as they start thinking of dropping out before getting a degree.
Finally, the family resources play their partThe children learn from their home, even if one parent is educated and spends sufficient time grooming the child; this may result in a better grade at school. The low SES parents cannot create a literacy environment by providing their children with tutors, computers, and books. However, people of high SES pay more attention to education and land up with high paying- white collar jobs. These families pay more attention to their intellectual stimulation, growth, and development. They have a better chance to cope with stress because they can rely on their support system. Their life expectancy also shows improvement, because of easy access to decent medical care. The SES determines a lot of things that are correlated, especially when we talk about education and mental development. Measures need to be taken to fight the unevenness that can be seen in these three SES’s. The high, middle and low SES does pose a great threat to societies who want to flourish.
Authors: Jordan Belfort is an expert writer, as well as academic guidance provider. Mostly students ask him to provide do my assignment and he does his best.
It is well known that regular blogging encourages many students to write more and better. When a student’s writing is being seen and discussed by an audience of their peers, more thought and planning goes into the process.
Create a class blog
In the e-learning environment, blogging can be especially impactful as it will increase engagement of the students. Often it is challenging for instructors to facilitate a classroom setting while classes are being taught remotely. Having a class blog is one way to develop cohesiveness among the students. Points can be awarded to students for regularly contributing content to the blog and bonuses given for those who engage with other students posts by commenting and sharing.
Encourage individual blogs
There are many lessons a student can learn when they create their own blog posts. Not only will they be getting valuable feedback and interaction that will encourage them in their writing, but they will also gain real world experience in web design, composition, graphic art and design and they will produce better quality work since it is being published.
The power of experiential blogs
When students share their life experiences, they instantly feel more connected. Encourage students to write about the common aspects of their lives, things they find interesting, tidbits of trivia or knowledge they would like others to have. Watch as their writing comes alive with creativity and purpose. Remember that writing doesn’t have to be long, short-form content can be just as impactful, if well-written.
Start an Art blog
Incorporate media and art projects into the blog. In e-learning, these subjects can be boring and feel pointless to some students. Art, after all, is meant to be shared and enjoyed by others. By creating a blog where students can display and talk about their artistic passions. Their photography, drawings, digital creations, or paintings, the e-learning environment can feel more intimate and less isolate.
Top blogging platforms for e-learning
Your first step to incorporate blog creation in your e-learning plan is to choose a platform, such as a content management system where your students will build and publish their blogs. Fortunately, several secure and user-friendly sites are also free. Here are the three popular choices:
Edublog.com is a terrific site for e-Learning blogs. It allows you to create and publish teacher and student blogs. Customise designs, add photos, videos, and even feature podcasts.
Kidblog.com is designed with safety and privacy concerns in mind. This platform is designed for children in grades K-12. Some of the features include:
· No disruptive ads
· Privacy measures
· No personal information from students
· Easy to use interface.
WordPress.org is an excellent free blogging site and a good choice if you want your students to continue their blogs long after they leave your class.
Although there is a bit of a learning curve for using the platform, the site is well supported, with hundreds of videos and tutorials.
Author: Jocelyn Brown
Maintaining portfolios:It is simply an accumulation of the student’s work throughout his academic career in the school. This may include a grade wise distribution and is sent home at the end of the year. The portfolio can easily be explained to the parents, simply because it is a systematic view of the overall progress of a student during his total stay at the school. These portfolios are further divided into three parts:
- Collection portfolio
- Assessment portfolio
- Student showcase portfolio
Rubrics:They can be used to communicate expectations of the teachers about assignments, works in progress, and grading final projects. It also allows the teachers to Telemark the capabilities of the students, and to break the concepts and skills into smaller units for easy measurement, analysis, and grading. Rubrics can be used to evaluate a specific area or the overall performance of a student.
Progress reports, maintenance:These reports are very important to maintain. They are an effective way to analyze a student’s performance. A weekly or biweekly progress report can keep the parents in the loop. Furthermore, they would not be surprised to see the actual report card itself. The teachers can select specific areas that need improvement and ask students to also point out areas that they would like to improve.
Maintaining a computer database of students:Another way to maintain student records is to create a database that would enable the teachers to disseminate and share the information of students when required. It can also help the teachers and the school to maintain the database of all the students who have ever studied in the school. The grade patterns of students can identify the areas of improvement for the school and can act as an aid for the teachers and the management. The parents and guardians of these students have the right to access these records and they have to be maintained in some countries for at least 100 years. The data is stored in archives after a certain time period. Examination results are sometimes kept confidential as they are slightly more personal. The record keeping can help the teachers with their teaching; it can help them enhance the learning experience of the students. The students can be made more productive by working on their weaker areas. These records are very important and can help in genealogical and historical research. The school logs should not be destroyed and should remain with the school for 6 years.
Author: Jack Kevin is a multi-player writer, usually he writes on all the topics which is beneficial for students. He also provide some custom assignment help to those who don’t have much writing skills.
Here’s how to do just that:
Do they offer scholarships?Are there private ones you could apply for? This guide will show you what to look for when it comes to scholarships. If all else fails, are you likely to find opportunities for part time jobs?
What is the campus like?Perhaps you could plan a visit to the campus to see for yourself. Most universities organise an open day for different departments to facilitate this. On such occasions, talk to current students and even faculty. Otherwise, you could correspond with them online. For example, you could find out if the student body is diverse and ask how classes are conducted.
Do they offer support for your special needs, if any?This is a crucial consideration. Perhaps you need language support or dyslexia support. Choose an institution that offers these. If not, you could opt for paid professional assistance with assignments. This option is a viable one for international students in particular who tend to struggle to express themselves in the university’s medium of instruction.
What is the quality of their intellectual output?You’re interested in a specific department, so find out what kinds of work they’ve been publishing. Do they host seminars and conferences or participate in them? Do they have a student-run newspaper, blog, or a journal of their own?
How successful are their graduates at landing jobs?Do they offer industry internships? This is essential to know because it has a bearing on your career post-university.
Research assistanceSome universities have a special department set up just to help international students. They recognise that while some of you might have a strong grasp on the subject, but writing impeccably structured essays might be your weakness, especially if you are an ESL student. So they have teaching assistants that help you put together your essay. Choosing a college that does not have this is not a deal breaker. There are companies like https://lifesaveressays.com/ that help with editing and proofreading your essays and help you compile it. They also give reference sample essays which you can use as study notes.
Once you’ve made that all-important choice, you will still have some work to do. The closer you get to the actual start of term, you will have to finalise some variables like part-time work.
Author: Livia Susan, Life-savers essays
1. Technology fixes all the students and teachers’ problemsHi-tech gadgets or devices are just tools. You can repair what is broken, but you cannot make it look new. Classroom technology is not appropriate for every educational task at all. You need to keep it low at times and go back to basics to teach. If we talk about students first, the smarter ones will make the most of the technology and the dull ones will have a hard time grasping the knowledge. This is a simple phenomenon-the smarter ones are using their brains the same way they would use in traditional learning. Whereas, the dull students would not care whether it is a blackboard or an interactive board but, it might create a positive interest in them. Now regarding the teachers, it doesn’t matter how good the gadgets are, if you are good teacher your effective teaching methods will give out best results when integrated with technology, otherwise, if you are a bad one, there is no guarantee that you will get better at it.
2. Technology is dangerous, keep it limitedIf we walk on the path that everything is dangerous, we will never succeed. It is a fact that technology is indeed dangerous, but danger only comes from misuse and poor choices – these things can always be kept monitored. Limiting access to the educational tools is not the solution but giving the proper knowledge about the systems would help students and teachers simultaneously. Keeping everything in check will help to create a meaningful educational experience.
3. Technology leads to student successWell, says who? I mean, all those people who invented things for us didn’t have hi-tech gadgets, but books, knowledge, and brains. The recent concept is that the use of technology leads to the collection of a lot of data, hence, this leads to believe that students are getting better at it. With the hi-tech teaching and learning method, you are educating the students but you need to involve the creative learning as well.
4. Educational gaming improves student achievementStill, the crosswords section in the newspaper is more meaningful than educational game apps. Guess-the-answer or point-and-click kind of games do not engage students in creative learning. We all love playing such games, but most of the time we are simply guessing things and not learning anything out of it. These games are just easy to implement and do not require much professional development.
5. Technology is less meaningful than traditional learningNo, no, no! This is not how it is if you make an environment in a classroom by demonstrating best practices of the technology, students would like to collaborate and share rather than drooling and staring like zombies. Traditional learning does not give much space to explore, but through technology, you can step out of the classroom and do many great things. Apart from these myths, it is said that it more students can be educated through online teaching than the traditional face-to-face learning techniques. Teaching online would cost less than regular classroom teaching, so there would be fewer courses and fewer buildings. There are chances that all the teachers and faculties will abandon the traditional face-to-face teaching methodology for the sake of online teaching. This is why Google Certified Teachers and Educators are now getting more popular than regular teachers. But, nothing to be worried because traditional things have their own charm and such things are there to stay. It is also said that purchasing networks and computers is the most expensive part when providing technology for the teaching and learning process. I think we all agree with the fact that everything has its merits and demerits and it depends on the user that how they would like to use it. Educational technology is an indeed a game-changing shift from the traditional education system. This is giving out the best learning experiences for students at all levels which involve students in creating, exploring and share their knowledge and abilities. New apps and devices in the market are being made just to reward the students with better learning. Myths can be interpreted in several ways, some are in favor of the hi-tech advancement in the educational system and some are not. We have to somewhat agree with the fact that students on the higher-level feel more comfortable with the technology rather than traditional learning. The BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) has become a trend and everyone prefers to get educated in their own comfort zone. But, before getting into anything you need to assess things yourself, work upon the underlying costs, how would you and your children feel regarding the shift from traditional to educational technology. We hope that the new-age children bring out the positive out of the advanced technologies and make the most of it by learning today and implementing tomorrow.
Author : Rayanne Dany is working as a Google Certified Teacher for ATH. She is extremely passionate about helping students and provides them true assignment service round the clock. Furthermore, she is an important part of many student forums which is one of the most followed academic consultancies. You can follow her on Google+.
Author: The writer of this article, Jimmy Bond, is a Geographer, a Teacher and a writer who writes Do My Essay on multiple topics.
They can learn whatever they want!The best part about online education is that you can choose to learn any course you want. You do not have to crave for a course, unlike in traditional education. You do not have to travel away from your home in an entirely different city facing the struggles of this highly competitive society. You can just get enrolled in any course and take it as per your convenience. None will force you to continue studying whether you like a particular course or not.
ComfortStudents like learning in a comfortable environment where they have a right to exercise liberty and freedom. They do not like the concept of attending classes for an hour in a very uncomfortable position and suffering from many problems including back pain. None of them remains bound to a physical class session as through online education, things have become much easier. They get access to all kinds of course materials through the internet, so they do not feel like going to college to pursue their degree. They’re quite happy with the system of online education.
Online courses look great on a resumeNo matter where you stand at this moment, an online course always looks good on a resume. It adds to the value and explains the employer that you are eager to attain more and more knowledge. It will also show the potential employers that you’re dedicated to learning. They will also come to know that you are completely aware of the trends in education, and want to pursue them to be someone in life. They will not have to ask more about your academic qualification as your resume will narrate the story of your intellect to them.
Self-paced learning–a useful toolWhile browsing through the list of online courses, you will notice the Self-Paced label on them, which means you can complete the targets anytime and can make a schedule that eases your learning process. It is really an effective tool as it makes learning a fun-filled experience for you, and explains why most students prefer e-learning. Courses students prefer to study online There are many courses that they prefer to study online. Some of the preferable courses are:
Photography Most people have an interest in Photography and its technicalities. It is closely related to art courses and photojournalism. Since students just need to expand their understanding in the areas of focus, lighting, composition and framing, they prefer to take an online photography course.
Childhood, Primary, and Secondary Teaching Students over the age of 30 are inclined towards child care courses for a personal gain and career change. There are multiple online course providers that let students complete the training components of the course without stepping their feet.
Community service and counselling When students are educated in Community service and counselling, a whole range of pathways opens for them. These pathways include health services, family welfare, child protection and disability services. Some of the students opt this course to bring some positive change in the society.
Information Technology It is one of the most evolving sectors in this era. Its advancements have laid behind the primary and secondary schools’ curriculum where students are taught incorporate coding and elements of date management. The importance of this course can be analysed by the fact that it helps within the workstation.
Fun fact Workspaces are becoming more automated and dependent on technology and those who manage technology are seen as more competent and tech-savvy than their non-IT colleagues, which is invaluable in this competitive digital age.
Digital Marketing A digital marketer has an edge that other marketers lack, for he understands the digital marketing and its implications with social media and their mediums. Samantha from SEO Brisbane, an experienced digital marketer, says that digital marketing is constantly evolving, as is the internet: It grows alongside the medium, increasing in work positions and the need for properly trained professionals, leading students to take up digital marketing in the solid belief of being able to find employment.
Psychology Students opt an online course of Psychology to develop their skills in critical thinking and gain an understanding of basic scientific and psychological principles. It also works as a good major for social services, business, education, and other degrees that involve understanding and communication skills, and employment in law.
Communication It is one of the most common online courses that students opt. Online communication courses are convenient and help you get a job in the areas like public relations, publicity, campaign management and journalism.
Criminology and Criminal Justice It is also one of those famous online courses that lead to different pathways including public policy, welfare and criminal justice. Students also get an opportunity to select the teacher from whom they want to learn about the group behaviours that lead to crimes and learning patterns of understanding.
Arts It is one of the most famous courses that students take. Arts students have more liberty to choose their favourite subjects than the students of other subjects. Art students develop their communication, understanding and critical thinking skills.
Author: This guest article is written by Ashley Albert. She has completed her graduation from the California state university and has been a teacher for five years. She also worked at Essay Writing Service from ShineEssay.com have 6-year experience in this field. You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Everybody is using it:Marketing is one of the most crucial functions of every business. Of course, the product is important. However, for the product to sell, it is important that the end customers are informed about its qualities and USPs. Like we said earlier also, digital marketing is the modern-day tool being used by almost every business regardless of their size and industry. Why? It is a pocket-friendly and effective way of reaching out to a large number of audiences. Not just businesses, even political leaders are using digital marketing to drive their political campaigns. Therefore, the scope is vast.
Employment prospects are tremendous:The field is still very new. With more and more businesses adopting this new-age marketing tool, there is a rise in the talent gap. This means the employment opportunities available are more as compared to the number of people required to fill the position, making it easy for digital marketing professionals to find jobs easily. Also, when the supply is less and the demand is more, the pay for the digital marketers is more likely to be good.
Specific education isn’t required:The best thing about digital marketing is that if one wishes to make a career in the field, one doesn’t need any formal education or start of a career from scratch. Your qualification doesn’t matter. All you need is passion and time to invest in learning about the digital marketing field. You can either take help from free e-books or enrol yourself for paid online digital marketing certificate course and start learning at your convenience from the comfort of your home.
Your options increase:Digital Marketing is a huge industry meaning there are various diverse options one can choose to specialise in. Some of the areas digital marketers can specialise in are listed below:
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Analytics / Marketing Automation
- Affiliate Marketing
- Integrated Marketing
There’s flexibility:A career in digital marketing can offer you great flexibility in terms of work environment. More than the place from where you work, what’s important is how quickly you respond to the customers. You can choose to work from anywhere provided you have a strong Internet connection. Hence, more and more people who do not want to relocate are now opting to work remotely. If you wish to be a part of a young and dynamic industry that pays well, offers flexibility and scope for career advancement, digital marketing is where you should be. Author: Megha Raizada is a professional writer working with the premium job portal Naukrigulf.com. She has a keen interest in the global job market but also loves to keep a track of everything interesting happening around the globe. You can reach her at Twitter and Google+.
What is Scholarship?The scholarship is a grant awarded to students on the basis of their academic or other achievements to help them support their education. To put in simpler words, a scholarship is a financial assistance provided by their intended college, school, or universities. Besides this, there is also an important way of signifying that achievements were star lion’s enough to merit this recognition. Even later, when applying to jobs, listing scholarships on a resume says a lot to potential employers.
Scholarship BenchmarkHardly few scholarship programs are based merely on an application form or transcript. Now candidates are usually expected to hand in a customised essay with particular requirements along with scholarship applications. The essay is the most important part of your application, as it gives the scholarship committee a sense of who you are and your dedication to your goals. Hence, it is important to take the time to craft a thoughtful, well-written essay.
What does a committee look for in a Good Essay?The committee usually looks for an essay that demonstrates effort, an essay that exhibits excellent writing ability and an applicant’s outstanding achievements accompanied with their personal qualities in such a way that makes it stand out among other essays. For example:
- Make it memorable – Write something that stupefies the readers and takes you in a positive light, it will make them remember your work. Get innovative ideas and pen them down to introduce yourself.
- Language & tone – Recognise how your language and tone change depending on whom you are speaking to, and adapt it accordingly in your essay.
- Toot your own horn– The scholarship essay is like an autobiographical work where the writer tells the story of his life that can inspire the reader provided that it contains something fascinating, humorous, and influencing. A scholarship application is an instance where you do need to talk about yourself and your achievements quite frankly.
- Explain what makes you stand out – If you want to get selected in the scholarship programme, then your power of words and story should do your work. Your essay should tell the reader what makes you different or special compared to others. Nevertheless, each of us is unique in some way.
- Bragging rights – Make sure that the information you include is actually relevant to the theme and the program that you are applying to.
- It should reflect your brainstorming –Before start writing your essay, take few minutes for brainstorming and think of something out of the box to tell about your achievements and accomplishments.
Quick Guide to writing effective & fascinating essay
- Follow exactly the instructions. You may compose an incredible paper however it might get your application rejected in the event that you don’t take after the word number rules or other organising prerequisites.
- Never open your essay with a quote. This is a well-worn procedure that is, for the most part, utilised inadequately. Why not expressing your own thoughts in form of quote rather sharing other’s thought?
- Avoid using casual sentences such as, “In this blog, I will…”
- Be specific, and make sure each paragraph discusses only one central thought or argument.
- Avoid using words from a thesaurus that are new to you. You may end up using the word incorrectly and that will make your writing awkward. Keep it basic and direct. The purpose of the paper is to recount your story, not to exhibit what number of words you know.
Fewer students are taking notes by hand as doing it on a laptop is often seen as a more convenient option. In theory, it seems like a good idea. Students can type on average 40 words per minute while they can only write 22 words per minute. However, research has shown that it is the students who take notes by hand who remember more. It turns out that your brain is more active when writing by hand, and even though you write less, more thought generally goes into what you do write.
However, research has shown that it is the students who take notes by hand who remember more. It turns out that your brain is more active when writing by hand, and even though you write less, more thought generally goes into what you do write.
Another issue with laptops is that students generally only spend 60% of the time actually taking notes and the other 40% are wasted on the internet and other unrelated programs. Of course, in everyday life, people are also using a pen and paper much less. For example, 1 in 3 people has not put pen to paper in 41 days in the United Kingdom. We must not forget the importance of handwriting. Rediscover your love of the pen today! An infographic by the team at Study Medicine Europe Study Medicine Europe | Aris Grigoriou
How do they work?Electrical and electronic device circuits work in an entirely different way. Electronic equipment circuits don’t have any processing capability, while electronic equipment circuits do. Circuits in electrical devices simply power equipment with electricity. However, electronic circuits can easily interpret an instruction or signal and perform various tasks to suit the circumstance. For example, when a microwave finishes cooking, it often beeps to alert the user. Most modern appliances today use both electrical and electronic circuits. For example, a washing machine, which is an electrical equipment comprises of a plug socket, an on/off switch, a fuse, a heater and motor and control panel. An electronic circuit interprets the instructions that a user inputs in the control panel to define the desired temperature and wash circle.
Difference of scaleAnother significant difference between electrical and electronic devices is in scale. The majority of electronic components are small and only require small direct current (DC) voltages. Electrical appliances, on the other hand, are mostly larger and use alternating current (AC) voltage. While most electrical appliances require 230 volts AC to operate, most electronic components can work using 3-12 volts DC. When you look at factories, industries or power stations, you will realise that they have far more electrical components. Products that we use every day in our homes and offices like laptops, desktop computers and mobile phones have many small electronic components than electrical components. In short, electrical devices use much higher voltage to generate their work as compared to electronics equipment.
Energy efficiencyLarge electrical equipment and appliances like refrigerators and washing machines provide information to consumers about their electrical efficiency in their product details. In the USA, most electrical equipment is categorised by electrical efficiency, in the form of energy star ratings at any point of sale to ensure consumers get the most energy efficient solutions to help them reduce energy consumption. Most electronic devices provide little or no information on their electrical efficiency. To get details on energy efficiency, consumers either have to visit the manufacturer’s website or get details on websites that offer information on green consumer products. However, power consumption is specified in most electronic devices.
The distinction between the two is changingWhether you’re an electrical expert buying used testing equipment or a consumer buying home appliances, the difference between electrical and electronic equipment has become less clear than it used to be. That’s because unlike years back when electrical devices were those that used electrical power but didn’t include electronic components like transistors and integrated circuits, today many of these devices come with electronic control components. Most modern electrical equipment like refrigerators and vacuum cleaners often have electronic components in them such as power regulators and temperature control components. While it’s important to know the difference between electrical and electronic equipment, technological advancements are making it harder to classify a single device or appliance as either electrical or electronic.
Author: Arnold Sharpe is a freelance writer and an electrical engineer focused on helping businesses choose the right engineering and management solutions in Los Angeles, CA. His work in design and process development has helped numerous clients in the industry solve complex problems.
The BasicsAll doctors must have a bachelor’s degree to get into medical school. Although many choose a science degree, it is not required for all career types. Medical school lasts four years and is always followed by a residency, which usually lasts four years as well. Surgical residencies, however, can last as long as seven years. After completing a residency, many doctors begin to practice. Specialists typically go on for an extended period of training called a fellowship. While it is not required to practice, many doctors choose to become board-certified in their speciality.
The CostMedical school has the highest cost of almost any occupation. It will be more expensive if you choose a private school. Most students finance the education with loans that are deferred until after graduation. The average medical student in the US graduates with $180,000 in debt and some have debt at or above $250,000. You may be able to get a deferment of your loan repayment if you commit to working in a medically underserved area for two years after graduation.
IncomeYour income will be dependent on your speciality and whether you practice full time. It may also be influenced by whether you join a group practice or work for an organisation such as a hospital or managed care organisation. For example, Becker’s Hospital Review reports general orthopaedic surgeons had an average annual salary of $542,362 in 2015. Family practice doctors earned $225,546. however, family practice doctors can generally expect more of an increase in salary percentage-wise because there is high demand for this speciality.
DemandLike any profession, certain kinds of medical specialities are in higher demand than others. Psychiatrists and primary care physicians top the list in this respect today. Primary care physicians include family practice doctors, internists, and paediatricians. Hospitalists, who manage patients in the hospital but generally don’t have a private practice outside the hospital, are also in demand. If you choose a high-demand medical speciality, you may have more options and may be eligible for sign-on bonuses and other benefits. It might also be worth your time to be versed and educated in new hospital technologies. A student who already knows how to navigate healthcare data storage will be more of an asset right away. No profession is perfect. Being a doctor, however, is a respected and honourable profession with a great opportunity to make a good living and be of service. Before starting in your education, make sure you are ready to face the basics.
Scholarship as a monetary aid in achieving higher educationThere are numerous students who desire to proceed with higher education including post-graduation and doctorate degree. The one greatest issue they face is unreasonably expensive funds which can’t be paid through their low wages. Because of that, some of them drop the idea of studying further and figure out how to acclimate to their salary with a consistent college degree and some make reserve funds for quite a long time to finance their studies and proceed with their dream of higher education. This issue has been solved with boundless scholarships which are being offered by instructive foundations, Governments, and numerous private corporate establishments. The educational expenses of post-graduate and Doctorate level are much higher than undergrad level studies and accordingly these scholarships are for the most part offered at post-graduate level to back the entire scholarly education.
Scholarship as means of opportunity to study in worthy institutionsOther than monetary help, scholarships have supported the students in procuring better and advanced education from widely acclaimed foundations. It is one thing to go for advanced education and secure a degree of post-graduate level or doctorate level, but, the huge accomplishment is to achieve that higher level degree from the world’s one of the best universities. The competition is extreme these days, thus, college sand enthusiastic researchers crave to complete higher education from world’s best colleges/ universities to secure the best place in the society. These institutions charge with greater annual dues which are not easy for every deserving candidate to pay. This is where the aid of scholarships began and helps the candidates to achieve their dreams. Through these scholarships, on the premise of scholarly knowledge, scholars get affirmation in the colleges and began their journey to develop intellectually. Scholarships help the researchers to procure more authentic information and furthermore funds the researchers to conduct studies which later appear as prominent disclosures and developments. It will be justified to conclude that scholarships have helped the scholars to develop intellectually and turned them into a valuable individual.
Students’ aid through monthly instalment, as part of scholarshipStudents, who are passionate to acquire more knowledge and discover the depths of their fields, are much indulged in their studies, as a result of which, part-time jobs become difficult for them. Especially, the scholars who are enrolled in post-graduate and doctorate courses, are much consumed by assignments, presentations, and dissertations. It’s difficult for them to earn and fulfil their basic needs. To solve this issue of students, scholarships began to offer monthly instalments, through which candidates can pay all basic expenses. These can be used to pay the expenses including:
- Necessary clothing expenses
- Educational stationary expenses
- Meal expenses
- Traveling expenses
- Accommodation expenses
Scholarships bring prestige and motivation for scholarsScholarships are not only financial funds but also considered to be prestigious rewards for scholars and increase their motivations. The individuals who secure a scholarship and start their trip of higher education from great institutions are significantly encouraged to keep their honour and exhibit higher performance in studies to demonstrate their capabilities. This motivation which comes through scholarships is extremely beneficial for students regarding their education. They buckle down day and night to make the best utilisation of their reward and without squandering their time they finish their degrees in the shorter duration. Scholarship holders are constantly quicker to grow intellectually than the self-financed scholars and end up being prolific creatures of society. Author: Mike Jason, is an Education consultant. He has been recently affiliated with “BestAssignmentService.com” as a blogger.
Interacting in online classesWhile you may think that interaction in an online classroom does not exist, that is not true. Students interact in many ways. Although some online classes use webcams to hold conversations, many professors choose writing. The professor and students are able to view everything everyone says in chat rooms, and they reply by typing their message. But, there are other forms of written communication. E-mails, class notes and PDF files are all used to create the same learning experience as the traditional classroom setting. The main difference is the message’s medium. Online students also benefit from less-structured class times. You can make your own schedule as long as you meet deadlines.
Transforming the classroomBecause professors and students don’t meet in a structured setting for online classes, everyone has the freedom to be more independent in a transformed setting. As a result, learning is more personalised. Professors can tweak a lesson to fit how the student understands it. As such, professors will be able to figure out how each student learns, and change their process to fit a student’s needs. This can also eliminate problems that might have otherwise occurred based on the traditional setting. Another benefit of the less-structured model is that a student doesn’t have to go from one part of the lesson to the next, and so on, in order. They can go back-and-forth as needed. They can also go at their own pace. The ability to do so allows the student to control what they learn, how they learn a lesson and the pace at which they learn it.
Online learning consortiumBut, the process of online learning is not as new as one would think. In fact, educators have been teaching online since 1992. The tools, resources, and guidance they have received have taught educators how to teach online effectively. As a result, they have helped students learn better by going at a student’s pace rather than the traditionally structured route.
Online bachelor’s degree programsMany schools across the country are also using these tools on a regular basis. In fact, some schools have developed fully-online bachelor’s degree programs. As a result, students rarely need to even come to class at all. This less-structured setting is perfect for students who have a job or family that they need to focus on just as much.
Online degrees and the workplaceYou may think that getting an online degree may hurt you when trying to find a job. However, that is no longer the case. In fact, many employers consider online degrees to be beneficial. Because students did not have the structure of a traditional classroom, they were able to make time for other necessities. As a result, they were able to multitask better than if they had been in a traditional setting. Therefore, online learning may give you an advantage.
BlackboardOne of the most common online learning tools is Blackboard. It provides a way for educators, and learners, to come together in a virtual setting to teach, and learn, just about any lesson that one needs to understand. However, schools are no longer the only institutions using it. Government leaders and businesses are also using the tool. Now that everyone is on-the-go in many ways, teaching and learning remotely have become a popular choice for many regardless of the field they are in. It allows them to learn at their own pace while being able to schedule every other task that they need to focus on. This ability also allows people to learn more beneficial skills for their job.
ConclusionOnline classes have become commonplace because of the less-structured setting. People are able to set their own schedules and learn the necessary lessons at their own pace. As such, they get the education they need to become just suitable to be hired, where employers are taking notice.
Vera Marie Reed is a freelance writer living in Glendale, California. This mother of two specialises in education and parenting content. When she’s not delivering expert advice, you can find her reading, writing, arts, going to museums and doing craft projects with her children.
Sharpen your skills with over 100,000 interactive exercises in math, science, computer programming, history, art, economics, and evenmore free online classes.Author: Michel Joseph is a web content writer at Aoneassignments.com and freelance software developer.
Online education was is solid stable search trend, during the whole year, even though it can be emphasised that India is the leading country where these keywords are browsed most frequently. This is the overview of the region interest in the last 5 years, reflecting the top countries’ list, where online education was searched via Google: Numbers represent search interest relative to the highest point on the chart for the given region and time. A value of 100 is the peak popularity of the term. A value of 50 means that the term is half as popular. Likewise, a score of 0, means the term was less than 1% as popular as the peak.
Most interesting online education topics searched in the past 5 years, are seen in the list below: Users searching for this term also searched for these topics. You can view by the following metrics: * Top – The most popular topics. Scoring is on a relative scale where a value of 100 is the most commonly searched topic, a value of 50 is a topic searched half as often, and a value of 0, is a topic searched for less than 1% as often as the most popular topic.
- Rising – Related topics with the biggest increase in search frequency since the last time period. Results marked “Breakout” had a tremendous increase, probably because these topics are new and had few (if any) prior searches.
The online education queries in the last 5 years are reflected from the list presented here: Users searching for the term also searched for these queries. You can sort by the following metrics: * Top – The most popular search queries. Scoring is on a relative scale where a value of 100 is the most commonly searched query, 50 is a query searched half as often, and a value of 0 is a query searched for less than 1% as often as the most popular query.
- Rising – Queries with the biggest increase in search frequency since the last time period. Results marked “Breakout” had a tremendous increase, probably because these queries are new and had few (if any) prior searches.
You can browse for yourself the keywords of your interest and find out what the world is most interested when browsing Google. Do not remember that this is statistical data processed to give an overview, but if you need more insights you need to have a survey ordered, to establish your interests and goals. Happy Browsing !!
Technology in classroomsIn the last decade, several changes occurred in public classrooms and most of the changes happened in first world countries. Recently, classrooms in the developing world have undergone several changes. Technology is becoming increasingly common on every continent. A large percentage of children born in the 21st century are digital natives and technology in the classroom allows students to interact with peers on the other side of the globe and get knowledge from a vast array of sources. Teachers will continue to promote online education since so much can be gained by students this way.
Tackling real-world issuesIn previous generations, students were taught outdated information and currently, many young adults are saddled with student loan debt. Students will learn how to tackle real-world issues in modern classrooms. Rote learning is important, but students must learn how to solve complex problems. Currently, many high schools have entrepreneurship programs which has been a huge help in this area. Most schools are incorporating real-world skills into the curriculum and teachers are using social learning tools. Social media tools can encourage students to work together. Teachers are asking their students for their perspective on global issues as well.
Giving Students OptionsStudents have options and across the globe, students are learning more on their own and taking initiative. Teachers are letting students choose everything from their interactive programs to their lunches. Students want to eat healthy foods, and want to know the nutritional information. Some have taken pictures of their lunches, and are requesting healthier menu options from their schools and districts. Teachers want students to be independent thinkers inside and outside of the classroom and technology can help get them there.
Hiring knowledgeable teachersSchools are hiring technically savvy teachers as part of changing classrooms. Teachers are using more technology in their classrooms, and need to be well-versed in the latest. In rural areas, students depend heavily on their teachers for help in navigating a globally connected world since many students only use technology in their classroom. In remote areas of China and Mongolia, many students do not have a computer in their home and expect their teachers to have a vast understanding of technology. Instead of reading about plants in books, search engines are giving students information about plants and medical breakthroughs. In Ras al-Khaimah, the government understands that education should always be one of the country’s highest priorities. With things like the Sheikh Saud bin Saqr al Qasimi reading initiative program, the government and schools look to nurture and cultivate the country’s local talent. Local officials know that the schools need knowledgeable teachers and are working with them to update their education and schools from elementary on up.
Closing the skills gapAs the world’s population becomes more condensed, teachers are focusing on respectability. Before the digital age, children in places like the Amazon and the Congo were marginalized but technology is closing the skills gap, and many students are demanding respect. Students are learning about government policies and want to make sure that the governmental changes benefit their generation. Students want to excel in math and science and get into careers that will make a difference and technology can help show them the best way to make a difference. In the past, education was a luxury for the rich. More than 750 million adults cannot read at a basic level, but the number of illiterate adults is shrinking. In the near future, more than 75% of the world’s population will be literate. Today, most countries believe that all children have a fundamental right to an education.
If you’d like to boost your career, nothing helps like mastering new skills or polishing the qualifications you already have. As industries evolve, required skill sets change as well. Since you’re not a student anymore and need to combine learning with your full-time job, online courses are an excellent option for expanding your knowledge and diversifying your expertise. Here are 7 subjects you can study online to climb the career ladder like a pro.
Leadership and Management
Training and Assessment
Social Media Marketing
- Project Management
Author: With a background in business administration and management, Tess Pajaron currently works at Open Colleges, Australia’s leading online educator. She likes to cover stories in careers and marketing.
As the Internet grows in size and sheer usage, so does competitiveness. Year by year, business owners are tasked with doing increasingly more to keep their businesses afloat and on top of their game – particularly in the world of SEO. Year by year, business owners are tasked with doing increasingly more to keep their businesses afloat and on top of their game – particularly in the world of SEO. That has not changed one bit this year. SEO continues to be important, as Google rolls out update after update making it harder for previous SEO techniques to be applied for better traffic, forcing businesses to rely more and more on organic SEO, or else suffer the consequences. As per Forbes, businesses have been aggressively expanding their digital marketing needs. SEO, as per Search Engine Land, is now a $65 billion industry. But, to businesses in the market of selling these techniques, it can also become increasingly difficult to earnestly offer them to companies who, while needing SEO, also need their SEO to continue to be mostly affordable. Alternatively, some businesses are looking to step up their SEO game, asking you to go beyond your capacity to fulfil a certain monthly quota on sales or traffic. There comes a time when the natural step might be to expand or get to hiring an expert. Instead of increasing your in-house costs and infrastructure, another much smarter and financially-viable option is implementing the services of an SEO reseller.
What is SEO Reselling?SEO reseller services, or white label SEO services, are basically programs offered by SEO specialists to businesses looking to utilise these services as an extension of their own offerings, utilising their own logo and under their company’s name. To an SEO reseller program’s client’s clients, the original creator and implementer of any proposed SEO plans are never specifically seen or mentioned – the service is paid to be outsourced without giving a company credit.
The benefits of utilising SEO resellingA reputable SEO reseller program from a firm like TechMagnate can help you deal with your workload in myriad ways: ● It lets you offer an extended list of services. Right off the bat, employing an SEO reseller means you can offer a long list of SEO services that a single dedicated SEO hire can’t fulfil. This is invaluable, as it makes your business far more attractive to potential clients. ● It costs less upfront. Instead of building your own SEO department or getting a few SEO consultants on your payroll, SEO reseller packages basically allow you to get more for less, to a certain degree. ● It allows you to aggressively expand your client base. It takes a while to build an SEO offering. With a white-label service, however, you’ve instantly got one going. As per Moz, white-label also means getting access to the extended link building possibilities of your white-label partner. There are downsides, of course, for doing it all wrong. Specifically, employing cheap or low-quality SEO reseller services will only serve to your detriment, lower your reputation, and drive away clients. To avoid such embarrassments, you’ll have to thoroughly vet and closely work with your potential SEO partners. Because of the way it seamlessly integrates into any digital marketing offering, SEO reseller packages are extremely useful – and extremely popular. Author: Daina Martin
You will be happierWe all know that learning can be daunting and take up a lot of your time. But every new thing you learn is always guaranteed to make you feel happier. Even if it is something small like a new card game, learning a new skill. But learning something that your business career can benefit from is a completely different experience. Not only will you know something new but you will also be able to employ it in your office and do better at work. Also, when you learn something new it shows you that you can improve even more and that any obstacles you believed you were there are non-existent. Not to mention that with every course you take, your employers are going to think more of you until you eventually become a person they can trust everything with.
Your value will constantly growBecoming an irreplaceable employee is quite difficult. But, if you keep investing in your education you value will constantly grow and you will become a better employee. For example, if you can just sell products you are valued as a regular employee. If you can sell, as well as design and promote products you are guaranteed to be valued as one of the most important employees in the company. Of course, not only that but continuous education will help you grow as a person. The more you know the more other will be able to rely on you and think of you more. So, if you want your value to keep growing, you shouldn’t miss out on any opportunity to learn new skills. Leadership and communication courses are just some of the things you should think about investing in. Also, no matter what niche you are working in, business writing courses are something you can always benefit from.
You will be more humbleAnother thing continuous education helps you with is staying humble. And there are many ways you can benefit from this. Being humble will allow you to keep an open mind and become interested in the things you have never heard about. On the other hand, believing that you know absolutely everything will make you arrogant, which is never a good thing in the business world. There is something new around every corner and being ready to learn and accept new things can do wonders for your life. It will help you grow both as a person and as an employee. Also, everyone else will know that you always ready to push the envelope, which means they will constantly approach you with new ideas and opportunities. In addition, you will always appear more charming and easy to work with. Continuous education is something you should always be ready to invest in. Every new skill and lesson you learn will help you grow and move up in the business world. Having all of this in mind, you should always keep searching for some new courses you can take.
Author: Dan Radak is a marketing professional with ten years of experience. He is a coauthor on several websites and a regular
What is NSX?NSX is VMware’s software solution for companies looking to implement a quality network virtualization software into their networking. Just like server virtualization before it, network virtualization allows companies to expand the capabilities and capacity of their network without increasing their cost by driving cost down through the use of several data centres and the cloud to manage the operation of a network rather than on-site infrastructure. NSX also allows companies to execute micro-segmentation in their networks, which means they can continue operating on a network seamlessly while actually segmenting their network onto several different virtual machines in a data centre to allow for better security measures. Security is paramount in building and managing a network – due to the sheer amount of shared data present on a network, any intrusion can compromise the rest of the network unless proper measures are in place to stop such security infringements. There is a lot of interest in pushing for network virtualization among bigger companies and IT specialising smaller companies alike. The ability to host complex network functions without the need for a lot of hardware makes network virtualization that much more of a potential solution for smaller businesses that can’t afford the infrastructure required for typical in-house networking.
What is an RAC?Another important concept when understanding the importance of integration between the Oracle database and VMware’s NSX software, is the utilisation of Oracle 9i’s RAC and extended Oracle RAC functionality. RAC stands for Real Application Cluster as per TechTarget, specifically allowing every server access to the entire database rather than the usual approach of database clustering, which involves segmenting a database across multiple servers. The benefits here are a lack of loss in data when one server goes down, also known as failover capacity as per the TT website. With these tools, a business can propel itself to new levels of network efficiency, especially among businesses with a multinational clientele – and that’s where training helps tremendously in helping such companies achieve their goals.
Author: Daina Martin
- Northwest Commission of Schools and Colleges
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- AADP – American Association of Drug less Practitioners
- AAHEA – American Association for Higher Education and Accreditation
- AAMA – American Alternative Medical Association
- International Accreditation Organization
- AHP – Association for Humanistic Psychology
Author: Betty Parker is an experienced and qualified associate counselor at the online university www.pcu.edu. With years of experience in the field of online education, Betty Parker has emerged with a dedicated initiative towards educating and expanding his knowledge to individuals who seek guidance and expert opinions on online education.
Modern classroom and outdated strategiesIf you wish to teach a student something in today’s world, you have to be a modern teacher. Working with outdated strategies and principles on modern students is a failure to start with. As the world moves, so must the education. The main task of a teacher is to understand how their students think. Understanding the modern values and seeing what needs to be done in order to share some knowledge is the first and most important step in creating a good learning environment. Every teacher has been taught history of educating, most common teaching techniques and most successful strategies. However, as the world moves, so should we.
Modern students and ignorant educatorsBeing aware of the incompatibilities between the past educational systems and the ‘digital era’ of today, is highly important, but this means nothing if the teachers are ignorant towards changing. The main reason why teaching strategies have not adapted to the modern students yet is because the majority of educators simply remain ignorant of their environment. Of course, every teacher has gone through extensive education in order to best implement methods of teaching, but should they rely solely on the traditional strategies? The majority of educators have received their professional education and training years before the technology was so widespread, so it is clear that their profession is still in need of developing. After all, the main purpose of the educational system is to make students learn and this cannot be effectively accomplished if educators reject adaptation. Students did not have the recourses and access to information before like they do now and almost everything they learned came from their teachers. Right now, teachers also need to learn from their students. Why? Because as the world moves and education remains intact, students start seeing education as something they need to pass, not to learn. The amount of information is now so accessible to them, that they no longer see traditional learning teachers as their role-models.
The mindset of a modern teacherBeing a teacher in nowadays world is a difficult task, mostly because of the loss of the old techniques educators are so used to. As the mindset of students changes, so must that of educators. And not only that this does not sound easy, but it really is not. Changing the mindset to one of a modern teacher is a challenging job, but an extremely important one. The internet is all modern students can think about when it comes to information, so you cannot keep adapting your ‘defensive mode’ every time a student brings up different ideas from those of traditional learning. The internet is not going away. On the opposite, it will keep changing and developing faster and faster every day. This is why teachers need to adopt and learn accordingly. After all, there is no such profession whose learning ends with getting a degree.
3 tips for dealing with modern studentsIf you want to change your mindset to one of a modern teacher, you have to be more open minded. Being ready to adopt is the only way that you will fit in today’s educational system and make your students respect you.
- Stop Focusing on Control
- Grasp the Technology
- Guide Students to Important Content
ConclusionLearning to adopt and implement modern strategies in today’s education is not something that will come easily. Traditional teaching is so long gone, that teachers already struggle with finding the right way to reach their students. If you wish to do so, you must change in order to preserve the classroom’s functionality. The job of every teacher is not only to teach, but to learn too. Adapting to the new environment is the only way to preserve the teacher-student relationship. At the end, if that is gone because teachers refuse to adapt, how will the teachers to their main job – teach? About the Author:
Jessica Freeman is a professional journalist and a freelance content writer at the company Australian Writings. She focuses her content writing on education, career, and academic topics. You can follow her on Facebook and Google+.
1. There’s no training strategyDo you organise your training ad-hoc, to deal with skills gaps as you spot them? Do you base your plans on training provider scare stories, like “Your company is at risk without this course”? Or simply follow the latest trends, like e-learning, because they sound like a nice idea at the time? If so, then it’s difficult to know if your training is working or not – because no goal has been set for the training to achieve. Many companies commit themselves to long-term staff training – even to becoming a ‘learning organisation’ – because they believe (rightly) that it can improve performance. But, you need to have the right learning. And you can only choose the right learning if you have a plan in place. Otherwise, you are simply training for the sake of it. The outcomes might be of no use to your business whatsoever!
Start planning for successIt’s less daunting than you think to create a staff training plan. Simply:
- Write down your company’s 3 most important goals. One example could be to increase your sales by 50%.
- Identify the skills your staff needs to achieve each goal. For the example above, these could be learning new sales skills, or increasing product knowledge.
- Plan a training schedule for the coming year that develops the skills your employees need.
2. You’re using the wrong trainersThere are many highly professional trainers around who just aren’t capable of teaching your staff the right skills. They know how to tick all the right boxes to get fancy certificates for your delegates, and they might even be entertaining speakers. The problem is, they don’t have any hands-on experience. They’ve never succeeded in the field you are trying to succeed in, so they don’t possess the skills they’re trying to teach. They can’t inspire your people. All they can really do is sell you a pile of diplomas.
Try new trainers and methodsIt doesn’t have to be that way. Make some calls. Talk to as many trainers as possible about their real-world experience and methods, and see who has the most to offer. When arranging your training, make sure to always opt for quality by choosing a training provider that is well established, quality assured, and flexible. It’s also a good idea to choose the best trainer for each session, rather than being locked into one provider. This gives your programme a wider variety of methods and trainers, catering for more of your employees’ individual learning styles.
3. Your training sessions are too longHave you ever been on a day-long training course that almost sent you to sleep? Chances are, there’s been more than one. The problems with long training sessions are numerous. They tend to involve a lot of listening or reading for your staff, which becomes boring after a while. There’s also usually a big lunch, which can make delegates tired in the afternoon. The biggest issue, though, is that it’s difficult to retain so much learning in a single session. So, your employees might only remember a few nuggets from their expensive day’s training.
Train in short burstsOf course, we all know why the full-day training session is so common. It’s just more convenient for you and the trainer. You can break training up into smaller, more memorable chunks. But then, things get more difficult to organise. The best answer is to plan training days made up of short sessions, each of which involves a different learning style – such as group work, hands-on training, or e-learning. This can help your employees stay fresh and focused throughout the day.
4. Training isn’t being followed upIf you’ve ever learned a few Italian, French or Spanish phrases while on holiday, you’ll know that knowledge rarely sticks after you’ve stopped using it. The same goes for training. Even if you have a great training strategy in place, and the skills your employees train in are actually useful, they won’t necessarily use them once back at the workplace. A good example is IT training. In modern computing, there are quicker ways to do most things – and training your staff how to speed up their spread sheets (for example) is a brilliant way to increase productivity. But, employees are often stuck in their ways – or they may simply forget what they learn in training, before they have a chance to use it. That’s why follow-up exercises are vital for reinforcing important skills training. It’s also a great way to measure success. If your staff don’t retain knowledge after training, it might be time to try new methods.
Reinforce and evaluate staff trainingA great follow-up exercise is to have your delegates come together at work, after training, and practice what they’ve learned together. They can remind each other about things they’ve forgotten and reinforce their new skills. Meanwhile, you or a line manager can evaluate the effectiveness of the training itself and encourage staff to keep using it. As I said earlier, employee training isn’t cheap. But, when you stop making mistakes, training can add huge value to your business. What do all of our reasons for training failure have in common? They prove you can’t trust your success to external (or even internal) trainers. It’s up to you to make sure your training is right for your company’s goals, delivered will, and put to good use by your employees. Author: Sam Carr, Activia.co.uk
- Smile and appear confident: Always greet the interviewer with a smile and in case of a panel interviewing you, quickly roll your vision through the panellists with a smile on your face. We almost forget to greet our interviewer because of tension and stress and a straight face might reveal this to the employer directly thus, deteriorating your chance of selection in the very beginning. A candidate, who adorns a smile is believed to have a better composure and confident personality.
- Body language: an inappropriate body language may explicitly divulge an overstressed state of mind therefore it must be carefully handled. Avoid leaning on the chair while sitting, folding arms or playing with your ring. Adopt a sensible posture such as sitting upright, no cross legs and hands folded. You may use your hands once in a while to explain a particular point you stated.
- Appearance: you should be suitably dressed, following a formal code. Your hair should be neatly done. If you are a female candidate, avoid applying bright and catchy nail enamels, make use of nude shades instead, to give it a professional look altogether.
- Punctuality: being well in time for your interview depicts your responsible and accountable attitude. At the same time, reach the venue just 15 minutes before the interview is expected to begin in order to relax.
- Prepare well: Plan and rehearse you resume and prepare for the most common questions.
- Tell me about yourself? When this question is put forward, the important things that you should mention are your educational background, your family background, without getting into much detail. Talking about your personality traits here and also about things you like to do in your free time, constitute the best answer.
- Why should we hire you? The interviewer asks this question to know the extent of your sincerity towards the role you are being interviewed for. The appropriate answers to this question would include your skills and abilities. You need to sell yourself in the answer, highlighting your attributes. This question is an opportunity to tell the employers that you are suitable for the job. A company looks for candidates that add value to their organization. Skills related to this kind of a job would be perfect to mention here.
- What are your strengths? Your reply here should list your strengths and you can back them with examples. For instance, you can say, ‘I was leading a presentation in college which went really well and I received a lot of appreciation too.’ Quoting this example would talk about your leadership qualities. Likewise mentioning that you submitted all your projects and assignments way before the deadline would speak for your punctuality.
- Are you planning for your future studies? If you actually are planning, then it is important to mention, supported by a reason. With this question the interviewer wants to know if you are looking for a long term association with the company or just wanting to use their training resources and leave.
- What do you know about our company? Do not just wake up in the morning, dress up and go for the interview. It is important to know the company details in and out, so study their website thoroughly and research well about the organisation. Understanding the company’s vision behind its products and services is really important. This shows your interest to join the organization which further enables the employer to invest his faith in you while evaluating your candidature.
- Mobile traffic from across the world is 51%;
- There are a total of 4.5 billion mobile users globally;
- Facebook announced that they have 1.7 billion monthly active users through mobile devices;
- Monthly active Facebook users account for 55% of the total mobile users;
- More than 350,000 Apps have been build in the past 36 months;
- Mobile skype downloads more than 1 billion downloads;
- Global mobile data traffic is expected to reach 6,2 Exabytes per month in 2016.
- Starbucks has 17 Million active mobile app users and makes $8 million payments a week through mobile devices;
- The weekly revenue generated via mobiles is almost 20% of what it makes across all US stores;
- Google Ads generates revenue of more than $2 billion every month through mobile devices;
- Foodpanda records close to 1 million orders a month through mobiles;
- 3 million flight tickets are booked per month on mobiles in US alone;
- 5 million travel bookings take place every month using mobile devices in just United States;
- Paypal records payment worth $5 billion on a monthly basis using its app;
- Uber sees a monthly booking close to 60 million via mobile devices.
- Amazon has recorded close to $115 million in sales via mobile devices;
- Alibaba’s mobile ad revenue is close to $390 million a month.
Fit everyone’s scheduleIf you want to make your program more accessible to anyone at any time of day, you will need to take the on-demand route (not unlike mega-successful Netflix). Your modern e-learners are seeking platforms where they can learn what they want to learn at their every whim. Waiting for time slots doesn’t appeal to this audience, as it may clash with their schedules or they may simply lose interest altogether. Pre-recorded and on-demand education works in your favour, too. You’ll be able to re-use materials across years, rather than bringing in new instructors each time to conduct new lectures.
Welcome users backAllowing your users to work at their own pace and on their own schedules may mean some erratic metrics when it comes to your average daily users. You may find that some users are very active for a few weeks, followed by an idle period for a few weeks, and so on and on. But chances are, your users will come back after these bouts of absence, and when they do, be ready. Make it easy for your e-learners to pick up where they left off, without penalty. Recommend some refresher exercises, but don’t send them backwards.
Keep it short and sweetStructure your course content in a way that is easily digestible. Full-length videos and lectures have no place in the modern e-learners’ schedules, so break it down into components no more than a few minutes each. And when creating your content, just delve right into the need-to-know information and avoid the fluffy introductions.
Make it interactiveDevelop some e-learning components that require participation from your audience. This can take the form of quizzes, practice exercises, or a rewards program that they can share on social media as they progress. Interactivity will also help with content retention, so users will be able to make the most out of their learning experience.
Add some funOne of the best ways to keep any audience engaged is to make the material fun. Often, this can take the form of educational games. A trivia-style component, complete with timers, hints, and rewards can keep users engaged at length. Content aside, the game modules alone might just be enough to keep your users eager to continue.
Integrate social mediaAdding a social outlet to your course is a fantastic way to make your users feel less isolated with their learning experience. Linking the program to social media allows them to interact with other learners while holding each other accountable for regular progress. It’s also a way for users to show off their progress to their circles (which is great marketing for you, by the way!). When you design your e-learning curriculum (and e-learning platform design), try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who is tech savvy, working from multiple devices, and strapped for time. Doing so, will guide you to a strategy that will help you yield more user engagement. And once you have a strategy in place, be sure to collect user feedback along the way. Hint: you’ll want to make the feedback system brief and seamless as well, because remember—it’s all about time! Emily Burgess is part of the team behind Course Guru, an Australian business specializing in online training and education. She likes to share her professional experiences and insights through blogging.
Online education is easier than regular college classesThe course structure of online degrees is designed under supervisions of highly educated and experienced personals who experience regular college as well. The course plans are arranged to fulfill the international standards of any specific degree. To get an online degree it is mandatory to finish your homework and the assignments in a mentioned time to get scored on them. The criteria of markings are not lenient at all. In fact, the criteria of markings followed by most of the online degree programs are similar to those followed by regular colleges. Many of the online degree holders, when attempting any test for regular institutes or for any job actually perform very well. The ratio of qualifying and passing any job or test among online and regular degree holders is basically the same. So, it’s totally a myth that it’s easier in any of the ways. The only advantage which can be considered is that you have the freedom to choose the timings for your classes.
Online education is antisocialMost of the people who are unaware of the realities of an online educational system and believe that it is for shy or disruptive people. Most people argue with online students that such courses promote an antisocial and home confining lifestyle. Some also say that online students are shy of life outside the comforts of their homes and maybe that’s why they select such an educational system. But what I want to ask is, how come an online world be called antisocial? There is one on one communication going on between teacher and students. Also, groups of students are linked together through discussion and debate forums. The communication circle of online students involves students not only from their country or city, but from multiple countries and cities. Such experiences can teach students social and racial acceptance even more than a regular class. There are also some homework and assignments that involve market surveys, sometimes photography or interviews. Online learners are found more interactive because they are holding an experience of online conferencing. There are a number of websites that allow online students to communicate and share their learning with others. You can also participate in competitions offered online. So, the idea that online education system is antisocial is not true at all.
Less considered by recruitersHiring panels are more interested in an individual`s skills rather than the type or source of applicant’s degree. But, the fact is that 87% of hiring panels believe that online degrees have equal respect as traditional degrees. 60% disagree that they mark any differential division between online or traditional degree statuses. Whereas 82% of recruiters believe that online education is not easy at all. For jobs that involve online communication and conferencing usually done online, degree holders perform better. Also, online job interviews and Skype meetings are on fingertips of online students.
Poor time management skillsDue to no fixed timing of classes and facility to alter the timings of lectures people think that online learners cannot manage time, as they are too lazy to go and attend classes at any fixed time. Actually, people need to look at the usual routines of traditional college students. Most of the students are lazy to get up from bed for their classes, and a great number of students bunk classes because they feel sleepy or bored during any particular subject or class. Annually at colleges, a number of students are not allowed to sit for exams due to short attendance, some students face penalties or fines due to the habit of coming late to class. In fact, some students even arrive at an examination hall 15 to 20 minutes late. Now take a look at the statistics to resolve the myth, which says that 55% of traditional college students are found to be just lazy as they skip classes because they could not get out of bed. Basically, it’s not a claim to say that traditional degree students are lazy, it’s a fact that usually the lifestyle of all youngsters have a mess like this and it’s not a big issue. You cannot claim that they have poor time management skills or it’s just a habit for a limited time or age. Actually, 70% of human resources authorities disagree with the idea that traditional degree holders have better time management skills. Online degree holders possess an average 74% of management skills. Online students are also reliable freelancers as they understand the value of commitments even when the client cannot make a claim. Author’s bio: Rachelle is an academic consultant at a community college in specializes in helping students with their academic problems, college stress and such. She also works part-time for an online startup Dissertation Corp. She’s also a hobbyist blogger and loves to do guest blogging on education or college life related topics.
1. Resources not coursesCourses help prepare you for the future and resources support you in the moment. What is pushing the trend towards building resources is what we refer to as the ‘moments of need’:
2. GamificationHardly a day goes by when we don’t hear the term gamification. Learning through games seems to be gaining lead popularity these days.
3. Explosion of devicesThis particular trend has been popping up for quite some time. Mobile learning itself is still in its infancy and has yet to make a real impact in e-learning. People have a multitude of different devices and they want to learn on all these devices. Although there is not a massive demand from clients at the moment for this, wearable technology will be something to consider in the future, for delivery of e-learning.
4. Responsive designResponsive design is a the best way to deliver content on multi devices. Deciding what content to omit for smart phones is something to consider, along with the capability of your learners, as responsive e-learning is often a little harder to use. This requires more technical know-how than standard click next e-learning.
5. Continued rise of videoA lot of platforms today use video as their primary delivery mechanism. MOOC’s are one of the most frequently used places that use this media. However, video has a multitude of functions.
6. Authoring in the cloudCloud based authoring tools have grown steadily over the past few years. These authoring tools are mobile ready, and can be responsive. As a team working together on an e-learning project, the cloud based authoring tools make really powerful tool, when used as part of a collaborative project.
7. Tin Can (xAPI)Tin Can or the experience API ties in with accessing e-learning content on multiple devices and resources rather than courses. The notion of Tin Can is that it captures all of that, so no matter what we do, whether that is download a resource or comment on a blog, this is captured as part of our learning experience. Tin Can or xAPI it is record stored and can be accessed by multiple LMS’s.
8. The new blendThe new blend of learning is not just combining traditional classroom methods and online learning. It is combining multi device learning, mixing courses with resources, different learning strategies, and channels such as synchronous with asynchronous. There is a whole ream of possibilities for learning by using a blend of technologies and channels and bringing all these things together to create a new learning experience.
9. Invisible LMSUsers will be looking to access learning without having to overcome any barriers of an LMS. We will be seeing more of the invisible LMS. It will still be tracked and reported on, but learners won’t always have to go to the corporate LMS in order to do their online learning.
10. The self-directed learnerIncreasingly what we are seeing more of these days is learners wanting to take charge themselves. Find more education infographics on e-Learning Infographics
BenefitsEducational career development offers some benefits. The benefits of educational career depend on upon the ability of an individual to use education for career development. Most brilliant ways of using educational career are as follows:
- Education plays a significant role in finding the job. It is not only used for the finding a job, but also it will offer intrinsic and extrinsic rewards and contribute to the professional development. The educational career development helps in finding the best and compatible job for you. You just need to select the education of your interest. Try to select a field in which you can work for hours without getting bored. This educational field selection opens the door of opportunity for you, and you will enjoy your career.
- If you have a strong educational career, then you would be able to create jobs not for yourself, but also for helping the unemployed people around you. The educational training provides handful experiences which make student entrepreneurs. Another way of using your educational career is to start your own business either at small scale or large scale.
- Education has a significant impact on your ability to gain promotions and rewards. You as a worker can use your skills and education for promoting yourself on the job. You can also work for increasing your education for example, if you have started as an entry level or semi-skilled worker with limited experience, then you can go for the bachelor’s degree to get promoted to your job.
- An educational career can also be used for skills development. The skills acquired from college degree program help the students to apply those skills practically to gain the better understanding of the concept and to gain better results or solutions. The educational career also helps in decision making. The steps and procedure learned for solving different problem help you to analyse the situation on the rational basis.
- Education can also be used for learning how to learn. The educational career help you learn how to gather learn and apply knowledge. The educational career helps in learning different procedures, information and skills related to a field of study. During the process of educational career, you are required to execute tasks based information and training you have learned in the educational career which would develop a range of skills in you.
Students are able to interact with the teachers in a better wayStudents sitting in their bedrooms and seeking knowledge through internet can concentrate on their subjects in a better way than those students who are present in the classroom and chuckling at the jokes cracked by their classmates. In traditional classrooms a student may avert to answer or raise his point over a certain topic, on the other side students who learn online have a good time to think longer about what they actually want to know and what they want to say.
Online learning can be fun and interestingIt has been seen that in traditional classrooms the subjects like math’s, physics and geography are heavy to digest when they are taught by a stern teacher, contrary to it learning these subjects online can be more interesting and amusing in a way that new fun learning techniques can be introduced to students to gain their attention. Online education doesn’t have to be followed by book-manner and it can gain more interest of learners by introducing different innovative technology tools to them.
Online education is cheaper and can save your timeWe let our children study at the best schools and we make sure that they are given excellent tuitions for a better and individual assistance in their subjects, but these tuitions charge high fees which are supposed to be massive burden on the pockets of parents, on the other hand children have to travel to their tuition, bearing the noise of traffic and then they have to settle in the class and wait for the teacher, these things cause children to feel exhausted and then they find themselves unable to pay utmost attention towards their subjects and there is no much time left for other activities, but the access to online education has made the things go easier, inexpensive and quick. It doesn’t require heavy expenditures and can easily be afforded.
Students with temporary or permanent disability can learn gladly by staying at their homesIt has been seen that moving around and interacting with a lot of people at learning institutions is not an easy thing for those who have minor or major disabilities. They have to face a number of challenges in their institutes. Those students who are physically disable can certainly benefit from these online educating websites. On the other side there are such students who suffer from learning disabilities, for them there is always a better option to improve their learning skills through videos, images and other technical learning tools.
Democratisation of education through online educating websitesThe online educating websites are able to teach millions of students around the world and this is impossible to do in a traditional classroom with limited seats. In order to make the whole education system democratic, we can record the lectures delivered by qualified professors in traditional class rooms and then upload them on educating websites, in this way those who seek knowledge will be able to watch and listen to the lectures given by the world’s best professors thus transforming the whole world into an institute where any person belonging to any country can learn what he/she desires. Author: Ashley Steve: I am a research writer and I am working for Essay Mart – Essay Writing Service. I love writing and sharing my knowledge through my writing. I generally write about topics related to schooling and education
Amazing growth in certain fields of technologyInformation technology is growing exponentially, and it is just one example of a variety of options to pursue when getting an education based in technology. The reason some of the options in the technology field is exploding with need is because tech is used in nearly all businesses, industries and many recreational and leisure activities. Every single business and organization is in need of IT help. That puts workers in this field in high demand.
A myriad of career opportunitiesGetting degree in technology offers graduates a plethora of job opportunities based off of the growing need for technology in all fields. There are career opportunities in the field of technology many people might not even think about. For example, schools such as the Interactive College of Technology, have trainings available for technology to be applied to a number of interesting careers. At schools like this technology can be taught and applied to things like accounting and bilingual positions. Anyone interested in some of the conventional careers or some of the more unconventional ideas for careers should really consider a career in technology.
Careers in technology often offer financial comfortFinding a career in the field of technology may also offer someone the chance to get better entry level pay and make more money through advancement. The financial advantages and advancement can be attributed to the growing need for professionals in the field and the advancements made in technology. Management careers in IT departments generally pay very well, and those positions will become more plentiful, as the need for an IT departments is becoming commonplace in most fields.
There is flexibility in technology careersMany professionals in the tech field begin to see things become more convenient, as time goes on and certain opportunities are presented because of experience. Time management is impacted greatly and offers a lot of flexibility in tech careers. A good example of this relates to professionals in outsourcing. Many of those people are able to work from home. Tech jobs offer a lot of opportunities to work from home, which allows a professional to essentially be their own boss and regulate their time to suit them as long as they fulfil their duties. These are four outstanding benefits for getting an education in technology. There are, however, many other reasons to get into the field. An education for tech will usually translates into a job security, and the job security pays well too. Do you agree? Lem me know in the comments box below.
Using actual physical objects through 3D printing technologyIn order to promote a better recall of products and items in children, the use of 3D device printers is something that has recently seen a sharp rise. Teachers are increasingly dependent on the use of such printers to help children learn better. Classes of the modern day world in top institutions have 3D printers for this sole reason. Other innovative products like projections and screens in class to show interactive fun lectures are also newly introduced concepts. Through all this, children can have a better recall and also motivated learning. When they enjoy the lessons and learning, then students also have a better educational development.
Getting them acquainted with the internetThrough the use of the internet, students who have grown slightly mature in their academic age can be very interestingly taught. The online world is completely full of interaction which can help students learn better. The use of the internet not only allows for a credible update information for teaching, but students can also find various avenues to explore which can further enlighten their interest in courses through different perspectives.
Smart devicesThe use of handheld devices like tablets and screens are another important addition in the education world. Students, as they grow prefer to deal with their academic commitments and classes all along the electronic devices and tablets, play an important role in that.
Using 4G phonesNot only in the US, but also as far as the third world countries, smartphones are gaining increased popularity and the internet on smartphones is becoming cheaper. This means smartphones alone can provide access to education in children through their use. As the time progresses, we will see further expansion of the roles smartphones currently play in education and enhance the learning for children.
Author’s Bio: Anwen Richardson is the author of this blog post. Richardson likes to post blogs for the site FreshEssays.co.uk. She has always been a regular contributor to the blogs and everyone likes to read them. Her blogs are usually about education and learning through the use of technological equipment. Melody, besides blogging, also works for a school in the USA, where she teaches the children aged nine to fifteen years.
Why online education role so important?There are a number of reasons for the growing acceptance of the online courses and the non-traditional methods of study. Let’s understand why they are growing so rapidly, as well as, why do they impact this trend.
- Cost-effective: Since they are affordable courses, even economically weaker students can easily pursue their education. The cost of books, travel and other expenses associated with traditional education, is not a as close as to the one in traditional education.
- Flexible timings: While studying online, you can select your own time for studying, balance work or household chores and any other impediments to a regular course. Studies can be conducted anywhere, as long as the student has access to a computer and internet.
- Variety of choices: A student can pick an online course that improves existing skills or simply one that is in one’s field of interest. As opposed to traditional schools and colleges, virtual education is highly personalised and customisable.
- Further options: Online education is not restricted to only one form of study or teaching. One can join a course at any time or finish studies in a new field of interest.
Make them understand the reasons behindIt’s critical to make your students understand why it’s important for them to learn a specific formula or principle. Try to find some incentive examples that would make them understand where they can apply what they learn at your class. For example, it may help them at a science, or a physics class. It can also help them protect themselves later in life from being scammed by other people. Make sure that you link whatever you teach to some other useful practice. Another good tip would be to link your teachings to real life applicable examples. Every person, young or old, will encounter probabilities. Be it in the stock market, gambling, or playing poker with friends…all of these activities require math. Here’re four examples that can help your students understand the why behind math:
- Managing their personal finances during life;
- Figuring out how fast you need to travel in order to reach a certain destination;
- Deciding which products to buy by comparing them accordingly;
- Determining how much to tip a waitress at a restaurant.
Interesting and fun teachingMath is already complicated, you don’t have to make it worse by sending bad vibes to your students. Instead, you need to figure out a way to make them enjoy the process. When the students love your style, they will be more willing to accept and work harder on your discipline.
- Reward them appropriately. This takes some effort, as you have to understand the things they desire. Once they perform well, give them a reward. It can be small things. It doesn’t matter, as long as they see that you care.
- Set examples and motivate them: Find a successful person that has been where they are and they’ve excelled at it. The power of example is great, especially among students!
- Give a background of the person who invented a specific algorithm/formula. Show your students the extraordinary man behind, and they’ll be more likely to gain some interest.
Teach them how to learn by visualizingMath is easier if it’s visualised properly. The problem solving implies more factors, and taking advantage of colours and visual images makes a student comprehend and excel at solving complicated problems. As you can see in the image, the letters have different colours according to their meaning. So, the next time you find a complicated problem that your students don’t really understand, make it easier for them by using colours when representing the exercise. If you are teaching online, you want your students to get access to the best visual content possible. In order to do that, you need to plan ahead your teaching session and prepare some valuable materials that will help them picture things in their mind. A simple google search will provide you with enough images and videos that you can transmit to your students along with your teaching course.
Teaching math facts the right wayMath facts are the foundation of math learning. Without them, it’s impossible to advance with your teachings. That is why you need to teach your students the appropriate ways to memorise and use them. This is not an easy process, but these tips might help you:
- Teach a limited number of facts at a time. If you overwhelm your students they’ll have a harder time memorising the facts.
- Teach new facts only after they’ve fully memorised and understood the previous ones. This is so essential!
- Encourage daily practice. This means making your students understand that little effort each day can help their memorizing process.
- After they memorised a specific math fact, your next lessons should include problem solving with the learned math fact. Exercises complete the learning process.
ConclusionAs you gain experience in teaching, you will begin to understand students better. There are certain patterns that students exhibit when they encounter problems at this discipline. Your job is to figure out these patterns and find productive ways to help your students overcome them. It is good to see on help resources for students (for example scholaradvisor.com) the most common difficulties they face with during studying. You can see it this way: the more you work on your teaching methods, the more success you’ll have when teaching young ones understand this complicated, but wonderful discipline. Learning is not just for students, it’s for us all, and we should continue to improve ourselves if we want to improve others. Author: Colin Christensen
In 2015, Ofsted stated in their published handbook they were looking to judge schools on whether ‘pupils are set challenging goals, given their starting points, and are making good progress towards meeting or exceeding these’.
Essentially this means teachers need to be able to not only help their class progress, but keep documentation of it, so they can show how their students are improving.Interactive learning has become a large part of modern teaching – particularly with the rise of Apps being used in our daily lives. But Apps are not only for home life, they can also be used to benefit your teaching environment. These are five of the current programmes available to help teachers set homework for their students and monitor their progress.
The Firefly programme is centred on saving teachers time – time that would usually be spent copying and pasting information into documents and looking through documents to find everyone’s submitted homework. Organisation is one of the basic objectives to the App, aimed at making tasks such as setting homework and giving feedback as simple and effective as possible.
- Teachers choose whether to set paper or online homework
- Students can submit from any device e.g. android, laptop, imac etc.
- All documents are in one place rather than teachers having to search through their Inbox
- Feedback is all stored under one archive including – annotations – comments – audio or visual comment
- Homework can be shared with the parents online, as well as students to keep them in the loop
Firefly prides itself on developing its product based on the results of multiple case studies. These include both state and independent UK schools and international schools in Cairo and Bangkok.
eSchools is an App for either primary or secondary schools, and differs between the two only when necessary. They focus on a variety of classroom features used in real time that can be translated to an App. No less than sixteen features and apps make up eSchools.
- Teachers can easily create projects online with a variety of content types. These can re-used year by year
- Homework can assigned to individuals groups or a whole class
- Teachers can come up with Quizzes for homework or in the classroom, and can monitor how quickly students answered the questions
Primary schools have logins for the students as a set of images, whilst the secondary school App can be accessed by students via their school login.
Secondary school teachers can also adjust their App to keep up to date with the timetable changes.
3. Google Classroom
The best key word associated with Google I believe is convenience. Google Classroom is extremely convenient, whilst also making the point of being compatible with other Google Apps. Oh, and the best part… it’s free!
- Teachers have control of setting up an online class. From there they can invite co-teachers and students. All relevant information can be shared in the online classroom including announcements, assignments and questions from students.
- Work pages, class stream and the class calendar are platforms where the set work can appear.
- Teachers can instantly send out homework, and create class discussions.
- The App is compatible with all other Google programmes such as Gmail, Google Docs and Google Drive
Google prides itself on offering useful and free services and as the App is for educational services, it contains no ads and does not collect or use student content or data.
Moodle has had a good success rate across the education spectrum, and primary schools to universities make use of it. Moodle allows the ‘Administrator’ – the user who is in charge of maintaining the site – to manage all aspects of their Moodle site, although some tasks can be given to a ‘Manager’.
Moodle acts as educational online platform where everything from homework, helpful documents, and grading platforms can be created.
- Courses can be accessed by students once they have been authenticated by the Administrator
- Every course has grade book which can record scores of homework, quizzes, activities, and peer assessments
- Tracking progress on Moodle allows teachers to keep track on when a course is completed – each activity comes with a checkbox that a student can tick upon completion. Once all boxes are ticked the Course marks itself as complete
Moodle is all about giving the teacher who creates the site – the Administrator – flexible control over the content and structure of their educational platform.
A useful tool is the ability to add or take away Restrictions, so that certain material on the site will be available to the student with the relevant ability.
Milk is a programme that focuses more than most on being a homework diary for teachers and students. Aspects are divided into four main sections: Homework, Dashboard, Messaging and Control.
- Homework can be set instantly and is accessible to students via their phones computers or tablets
- The Dashboard feature allows teachers to track progress attendance, as well as homework marks. This is especially useful for when teachers need to demonstrate class structure and progress
- Relevant newsletter need not be sent by post. These can be sent from wherever the teacher is and they are able to confirm which students have read them
- The programme imports student information from SIMS, creating an accurate account of the class to collect data from. This also means students can receive alerts when they have been set a new assignment
Milk puts emphasis on their Teacher Platform, where most of the features are available in one place. The Dashboard includes links to uploading worksheets and buttons for both the teacher and student to confirm work done.
Technology is advancing at such a pace that it is important the changes reflect in the classroom environment. Apps for setting homework cut down on paper wastage, and help keep each class’s workload in one accessible place for you the teacher.
Written by Josh at First Tutors