There are many things in life that I care about, but there are also a few things that I get passionate about enough, to write about to people I don’t know. One of the things that I just can not talk enough about is education as I believe that everyone who lives in the Western countries needs to understand the absolute privilege and value of education.
I became passionate about education when I lived close to a family growing up their children and was not able to afford having their. I had no idea of the reasons why or even the legal ramifications of the situation. I just know that they did not go and that they never learned how to read or write. I remember feeling really sad about this, because I didn’t understand why I got to attend school and learn all these things when they couldn’t. And sad because I knew somehow that their lives would be very different than mine because they did not have the opportunity for an education.
I continued being passionate about education, because I believe that education is the primary thing that leads to freedom in the lives of people, families and nations. Many of the choices you make each day would not be in your life if you had not have the education that has given you the abilities you have. It is the education you have had that has opened up an entire arena of possibility for your life.
What does this mean for you? Well, for starters if you are reading this article than the chances are that you have had the privilege of an education and that you are able to work. It also means that you need to consider that privilege seriously and use it wisely.
In this direction think about ways of continuing to learn. If you are not a reader, then become one and enjoy the privilege of education by reading and learning all you can.
Impact other people is to teach them, see what programs exist at local schools and get involved with helping children in their earliest years of education. See what kind of impact you can make on lives, because you have had the gift of an education. Education is far too costly a gift to be taken lightly or wasted and the online education is upgrading it even more.
Find out how to make sure you are ready for online continuing education and learn how to choose the best online school for your needs.
Never before has it been easier to pursue the task of continuing education and improve your skills. The trends of continuing education are here to make it easier than ever before, and help you get your degree regardless of the type of degree you are after. Everything from a certificate of completion, to completing your doctorate, can be found and done online.
Home schooling is not just for the kids, as the stereotype existed a couple of years ago. The Internet is the key to helping you to improve your knowledge and make you acquire the skills that will help you further your career, all from the comfort of home.
Get the following check before beginning to study:
1. Make sure the university or company offering the course or the degree is a reputable and accredited school, as this can make a world of difference for potential employers and in the quality of your learning.
2. Not all continuing e-education providers are reputable. Check references and accreditations carefully and if you are pursuing the degree and your current employer will cover the bill, make sure the online university you choose is one approved by your company. If it is US school in question, it should be accredited by one of six regional agencies. If you do not find one of these agencies listed, check with the U.S. Department of Education to see if the accrediting agency is real and acceptably recognized. If not, then it is probably better to make a different choice of schools for your continuing education needs.
3. Make sure you are ready for online continuing education. Learning online is different from traditional classroom style learning: you set your own pace, discipline and time spent learning. You have to be able to self-direct and motivate yourself to complete the assigned tasks in a reasonable time frame. There is no teacher or class meeting creating the deadlines for you, you are your own leader in this.
4. The costs for continuing education online vary: from $30 to $1000 per class. You may be able to get financial assistance if you are taking online classes to meet college degree requirements, but the school must have the proper accreditations in order to be able to offer financial assistance processing.
5. Education institution establishment: The longer the school has provided distance education, the more likely your chances of having a good experience with online learning will fulfill. Online learning is a very popular way to complete your degree and to get the continuing education credits you need to maintain licensure for many professions, so for busy adult it is a great choice for education.
6. Apart from the courses do not forget the libraries. There are so many things to be learned about the world in a library. It is needless to say that there are many different subjects to be studied and learned through the books on the library shelves.
7. Continuing education does not mean that you move on to college after high school or you pursue a graduate degree after completing college. Continuing education means to continue learning – it happens as we become curious people who care about the ourselves, others, and the world. When we are curious about things it will inspire us to learn about them. Continuing education is simply about becoming a lifelong learner, it is about never being satisfied with the amount of knowledge you have, but always pursuing something new.
8. Make continuing education a consistent part of your life. Allow yourself to wonder, taking the time to study and learn about your interests. Whatever continuing education means for your life, just do it and you will be glad that you made it a priority to keep learning. You will be surprised about how little you already know once you begin learning and you will never be able to stop, which is exactly the point.