An online class is a course conducted over the Internet. Online classes are generally self-paced, allowing for greater flexibility in completing coursework. Some examples of online courses are MOOCs, or Massive Open Online Courses, as produced by organizations such as edX or Coursera.
Online classes typically have an asynchronous, or self-paced, portion. Students complete coursework on their own time, but still need to meet weekly deadlines, a format that offers flexibility for students.
What are the benefits from the online classes?
- Flexibility. Students have the freedom to juggle their careers and school because they aren’t tied down to a fixed schedule.
- Reduced costs. Online education can cost less due to the lower costs of having an online class in comparison to the on at campus.
- Networking Opportunities.
- Documentation available for good, online, as long as you need it.
- Increased Instructor – Student Time.
- Access to Expertise.
Cultus provides access to the following online courses web pages: