Online studies are getting more interesting for younger population.
There are several things you should consider when deciding why to recommend online course to a teenager.
- Accessibility: The young generations just love to be around the latest technologies. They have their little and big chats, games and different staff they exchange among themselves: music files, movies, some interesting funny (or not so funny) stories and photos…the list goes endlessly. While they are already familiar with the manner of using the technology itself, why don’t you make them try some of the online courses that will increase their knowledge on the current subject they have at school.
These are some of the links where you can find convenient colleges for your teenagers:
Home school learning programs
Online college degrees
These are the links for the courses on different school subject, as well as extra curriculum, available on-line:
Courses – Spanish
Materials Math Courses
Continuing education Kids teens classes
Course Description Pages Teen
- Time: These courses can be taken at any time of the day. Teenagers love to spend a lot of time online, so why not make the learning fun. They can study after going out with their friends, during the weekend or holiday. If they study full time online, then they create their own schedule of classes. No more getting up early, late at class excuses to think of, mom or dad to be embarrassed at parents’ gathering of the class.
- Freedom in learning: The online courses can be beneficial for them, since they will not have the barrier of teacher-classroom and they can learn with their own speed. All exercises, lectures can be replayed as many times as needed and this will make the learning free of the obstacle of making an error. The environment where they gain new knowledge will be more pleasant. In online courses there are no moody professors, introvert characters’ presentations, ego boosted tyrant that would make you regret you put that capital wrong.
- Psychological moment: Some would argue that online education among teenagers will make them alienated, as they will not have any pupil mates. This is not true, as in the virtual classrooms one can choose the pupils that he or she wants to communicate with. Let us not forget the numerous blogs, chat forums that are available for consultations, for fun and overall, for everything a pupil can ask for.
Others will argue that ,,they will be alone and will forget how the human relationships’ work”. But, let us be honest. We already have allowed them to use the internet and the computers, for fun, games and all they do after regular schools on their computers. Therefore, this does not really withhold the criticism. Why don’t we take care that our teenagers get the best of knowledge available, on a most convenient manner possible.
The next thing arises: “Where will my child meet friends?” Online education does not restrict friendship, on a contrary, it broadens the connections with the pupils in the online classroom.Like in real life, in the virtual sphere, one has to be careful with whom it chats, meets or exchanges information.
- Expenses: Online courses are cheaper than regular education. When you calculate all the money a parent spends on clothes, shoes, books and transport, then it is simple to say that these expenses are not even close to the costs of having your teenager at home.
These are some of the issues that a parent should consider when deciding about the secondary education of his or her teenager.
No matter whether you decide to get your child only subject course online, or whether you go all the way and enroll him or her to full time secondary studies via distance learning, you have made an excellent choice.
This choice is the future of the education and you are a brave and clever parent to make such a choice.