If you are thinking about taking college classes to better your future, but aren’t sure you have the time, you should probably consider enrolling to online courses. Taking online classes will ensure your success in the future, as you can study on your own time at your own pace. They also prepare you for jobs that are becoming more and more web-based dependent. So, getting your degree online as opposed to a traditional campus is just better. Here are ten reasons why:
1. You can study anytime, anyplace, in anything. Yes, you can study in your pajamas. Silly as it sounds, you can save money on clothes. Let’s face it, when you’re parading around with other co-ed’s, you want to look as best as you can. You also can save money on commuting. No gas prices to go from bed to the computer room.
- No annoying dorm room-mates, or hall-mates. No sharing common showers either. Enough said!
- No teachers to put you on the spot, call on you in class, or make you feel anxious. Many people absolutely hate being called on in class, and it’s just added stress to the already stressful decision to go back to school in the first place.
- Save on books and save your back too. Many online courses have the option for you to have an online book or resources, so you don’t have to worry about spending hundreds on books or lugging heavy books around campus.
- No worrying about being late for class. You take these classes when you want to, based on your schedule and at your own convenience.
- You don’t have to worry about falling asleep during lectures. Most online classes are video podcasts or written blogs, so you can go at your pace, pausing the lecture when you need to.
- You can take the tests where ever you and your laptop go, whether that is local coffee shops, lunch breaks at work, or family gatherings. Your class travels with you. This is location independent learning at its best!
- You can go to class when you are ready. Remember though, that most classes do very much expect you to do homework, and turn in assignments on time. But as long as you do what is required, you’re more than welcome to do this work whenever it so pleases you.
- You can still work while you attend your schooling. You can work full-time, professionally. Maybe you want to change careers or just brush up on some skills. You don’t have to worry about finding the time to attend night classes, if you hold a full-time day job. Online schooling gives you the opportunity to do this at your pace.
- If you have a family, there is no need to worry about a babysitter. The class flexibility allows you to spend as much time as you like with your kids and family. You can do the work when the kids are napping, in school, or whenever you like.
As you can see, Online college degrees are an easy and affordable way to enhance your earning and career potential. Even better, it can work into virtually anyone’s schedule. Makes us wonder why everyone isn’t doing it?
Mike Loshe is a father of two who is currently studying for his MBA online