Handwriting vs. typing : Why the pen is mightier than the keyboard?

In colleges the world over, we are seeing more laptops being used in class to take notes.
Fewer students are taking notes by hand as doing it on a laptop is often seen as a more convenient option. In theory, it seems like a good idea. Students can type on average 40 words per minute while they can only write 22 words per minute. However, research has shown that it is the students who take notes by hand who remember more. It turns out that your brain is more active when writing by hand, and even though you write less, more thought generally goes into what you do write.
However, research has shown that it is the students who take notes by hand who remember more. It turns out that your brain is more active when writing by hand, and even though you write less, more thought generally goes into what you do write.
Another issue with laptops is that students generally only spend 60% of the time actually taking notes and the other 40% are wasted on the internet and other unrelated programs. Of course, in everyday life, people are also using a pen and paper much less. For example, 1 in 3 people has not put pen to paper in 41 days in the United Kingdom. We must not forget the importance of handwriting. Rediscover your love of the pen today! An infographic by the team at Study Medicine Europe Author: Study Medicine Europe | Aris Grigoriou

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *