Collaboration facilitates students in project based learning. Collaboration helps students engage in various learning activities. By coordinating with each other, students are in more control of their tasks which results in increased productivity. The need of collaboration is particularly required for research-based tasks where students have to share knowledge across other members of the project.
The changes in technology have made it a lot easier for students to exchange information without the hassles of mobility. These tools have reduced the hour-long tasks into a matter of minutes. To know other approaches that can make it easier for you to collaborate, you need to read on the following tips:
1. Set collective goals: For success in projects, it is important that all the classmates must be on the same page. Each student should be clear about the goals of a project. With a clear goal in mind, each member give his best to perform efficiently.
2. Establish strong communication: Communication has an important role in the success of a project. It is crucial that each member of the project can easily interact with other member. A strong understanding cannot exist between the members without a smooth communication. All the members must be comfortable with sharing any issue related to the project.
3. Arrange group-based sessions: Divide the tasks between groups in terms of skills. Each member can also take up a role according to his interest. Classification and organization accelerate the learning process and help finish the project on time. There should not be more than 3-4 members involved in a project.
4. Share your ideas: Each member of the team should contribute their ideas, suggestions and advice whenever needed. In project-based learning, you want results by individual participation and unless that exists it is highly impossible to accomplish a project.
5. Interaction enhances performance: Regular interaction is extremely important for the successful execution of a project. Any confusion between members can have a direct effect on the outcomes of the project. Individual members need to share ideas, exchange opinions and communicate information to make progress with the project. Therefore, it is important that members conduct discussion, explain points and summarize results.
6. Apply interpersonal skills: To maintain active role of individual members, it is important to have emotional intelligence. Each individual must be able to handle his partner in an efficient manner. At the same time, it is equally important that members have the spirit to compromise for the success of project. The objective should be to achieve the goals even if happens at the expense of one’s comfort.
7. Use problem solving approach: Come up with a problem solving strategy every time a conflict occurs. Each member should give his bit to resolve an issue. With problem solving approach, the task can be solved without any hindrances. Individual members should perform analysis to deal with a problem. A problem solving approach brings in immediate solution of any issue regardless of its complexity.
8. Apply a flexible strategy: Use a flexible strategy to handle a project. Members should swap roles if the situation demands. Members can also exchange the tasks if something goes wrong. Adaptability is key to the success of any project. By changing roles, it becomes more convenient and easier to accomplish complex tasks.
9. Benefit from the blessings of modern technology: Technology is a real help when it comes to project-based learning. These online resources shorten the distances and thus increased more productivity. With the use of online cloud storage platforms, students can easily remain in sync with each other while social media tools help them contact with other member on any event or issue.