Are you passionate about mobile apps?
Given the fact that today we have numerous tools and various facilities available for mobile apps development, it is actually not that tough to select this field as your career.
What’s even more reassuring is the fact that if the app that you develop turns out to be popular among users, you can certainly make a fortune out of it and ensure a steady flow of funds from the royalty.
However, not it is not all so rosy about developing mobile apps!!
Like in any other professional field, you have to stay abreast with latest technologies hitting the app development frontier and enhance your knowledge, apply it to come up with unique app features, and then only you can stay ahead of your competitors in this highly competitive domain.
Here are 6 prime aspects of developing mobile applications to help you enhance your understanding of the subject.
1) The cost involved
– Nothing comes free in the business world, and mobile apps are no exception as well. Developing your custom app can cost you something around $5000 to start with. This might sound a bit too pricey for those who are starting fresh in this domain, but mark my words – if you can bear this basic cost of mobile apps development you can manage to create a basic app with room for further customization in the future. If you can manage to develop the app on your own it will save you some valuable funds. Alternatively if you opt for mobile app development companies, get ready to pay them on an hourly basis. Hiring a professional app developer will save you much time and effort. And remember – the cost of app development does not end with this. Once your app is ready, you have to register the app at an app store for a certain fee. The cost of registering has to be included in your final cost calculation worksheet.
2) Learn the legal pros and cons
– If you intend to hire mobile apps development company to develop your custom app, first make sure to learn and understand the legal ‘pros and cons’ involved. Always make sure to go into a legal agreement with the app developer you hire. A legal obligation will ensure that your hired developer won’t leave your app development work mid-way. A legal obligation would also make sure that whole development process remains trouble-free from start to end.
3) Fixing your app’s price
– I must warn you that it’s a tricky thing to deal with! To start with, you can charge anything between 0.99$ and 1.99$ per download. Or else you can offer a “lite” version for free download upfront and let users download your app for free. In this case, the free version would have certain usage limitation for the users and they can only unlock the full features by upgrading their app (paying a minimum amount of say $1.99).
4) Write a catchy app description
– Ever wondered what is most attention grabbing when you put up your app on the app store, for sale? What’s the first impression that turns on a potential buyer? – Of course, it’s the app description! This is the reason I would suggest that you write a succinct app description while putting your app on the app store of your choice. From the marketing point of view I would also suggest to create a webpage of your app and put in some screenshots and an introductory video along with the write-up.It will make things easier and you will be more appreciated.
5) App testing
– Test your recently developed app on devices that it is intended to work on. Testing it under real-world scenario by a third party user can also reveal some flaws that may have gone past the scanner. Some mobile app developers also use simulators for app testing, but the results are not 100 % perfect in all cases. Make sure that your app is tested properly before listing it on the app stores.
6) App promotion
– Uo to now you have learnt how to go about developing a custom mobile app and then how to prepare it for the consumer market. Now comes the most crucial part before I sum up.
Let the people know about your app by following a well-planned promotion strategy. The first thing to do is submitting your app to different app review sites. Also a streamlined social media marketing activity will help promote your app to the target audience. There are a number of other strategies that you can follow, for example, offering a promo code in web ads and organising contests and arranging free giveaways to generate interest among your potential customers. If your mobile app generates huge response among the target masses, in due course it might get the recognition of being ‘featured’ on the app store, adding to its popularity and hence generating more business.
Author: Bio Koustuv Roy is a reputed writer, blogger and educator having a vast knowledge in web development frontier. He is also an expert in the field of mobile technology especially in mobile apps development, online promotion and marketing disciplines. Here he offers a learning guide on mobile app development to green horns explaining the 6 prime aspects of the development process.