- Memorize at least one thing everyday. This will make your brain sharp and your memory functioning. In this manner you will have a huge library of quotes to bust out at any moment: poetry, sayings and philosophies are your best options.
- Try to reduce your attachment to possessions. Individuals with heavy-set to material desires will have trouble when their things are taken away from them or lost, as in the end things begin owning you, not the other way around. When you become a person of minimal needs, you will be more content.
- Develop an endless curiosity about things you love. Become “an explorer” and view the world as your “own planet”. Stop and observe all of the little things as completely unique events, try new things, get out of your comfort zone and experience as many different environments and sensations as possible.
4.Get fit. We have one body, one sole means of functioning. Since fit bodies lead to better health, confidence, better mind functions and more success with romantic endeavors, it is more then sufficient reasons to get yourself in shape.
5.Focus only on the present. Past is unchangeable and it is futile to reflect on it, unless you are making sure you do not repeat past mistakes. The future is a result of your actions today, therefore learn from the past to do better in the present and succeed in the future. Live now and you have more chances of being happy because there is nothing wrong in this split-second you are experiencing now.
6.Smile. Whenever you get a grin on your face, your brain is releasing serotonin, which is the body’s happy hormone. Many people smile for five minutes straight in the morning, to get themselves in a great mood for the day. Happiness leads to smiles, smiles lead to happiness which is a better condition to begin learning something new and improve your life.
7.Do not take life “dead” serious. Learn to laugh at little things and this whole “existence” thing will be a lot easier. Regret your mistakes and failures and be thankful that you learned your lesson and won’t mess up like that again. And most important – do things that you enjoy!
8.Think positive. When you find yourself thinking a negative thought, stop it immediately.Do whatever it takes to get back to a positive mindset, you know best which things make you feel good, as such is essential for continual happiness and success.
9.Read books. With the new technologies and Internet, people read less. Books are irreplaceable experience, if you find excuses for not reading, at least download an audible book.
10.Spend some time in the nature. The sun and the air are our source of energy, so feel amazed and spend more time outdoor – your entire body will be filled with energy and life.
11.Help others. If you help someone they will feel more obliged to help someone else. You grow by giving and helping others, and this can change you in ways you never expected. Your relationship with that person will become stronger. It is the most fulfilling thing you can do on this planet, as it feels you amazing physically, you feel a good person, you might be able to call in a favor later when you need some help, if you believe in karma it will bring you benefit.
12.Be honest – at all times. Lies lead to trouble. Being known as trustworthy is an excellent trait to have integrity.
13. Sleep. In order to be able to function, live normally, enjoy life you need to sleep 6-8 hour per night. Plan your schedule and leave time to rest.
14. Set your goals and dreams. Many people wander aimlessly through life, simply going for whatever small thing they want, moment by moment. Instead of doing this, decide what your perfect life consists of and begin to put the steps in motion to reach that place.
15. Begin your day off right. Set aside an hour for personal development activities: meditation, self-introspection, observing nature, etc. Do the things that make you feel blissful, optimistic and empowered, so that you can set a positive tone in every single day. Once you start doing this, your days will be more enjoyable and fulfilling. If you believe that today is going to be the best day of your life the chances that this will come true are bigger, than being negative about it.
16. Practice ‘The Burning Method’. Whenever a fear or worry or complaint comes to mind, close your eyes and imagine, by writing down the trouble in a thought, on a piece of paper. Then burn the paper and watch it disintegrate, i.e. actually write it down and burn it. It will alleviate your beginning of resolving the problem.
17.Travel. It expands the horizon, enriches your mind. It is one of the most exciting and life-changing activities that you can do. Observing a different culture will expand your mind, will make you appreciate the life you live and will make you learn new and repeat old stuff.
18.”Rubber band” method. Place a rubber band around your wrist and snap it against your skin, anytime a negative thought finds its way into your head. Sounds a bit cruel, at first, but it only stings for a second, plus the outcome – having only positive thoughts – far outweighs a little slap on the wrist here and there.
19. Learn to be unaffected by the insults of others. Most people get very upset when called negative names by others. There is a simple suggestion to overcoming this. If I went up to you and called you a fridge, would you be upset? Of course not. Obviously you are not a fridge, you are a human being. The same concept applies to situation when someone calls you something that you know you are not. The ones calling you names are foolish for saying such things, so try not to react with anger. The exception is when someone calls you something that is true. Then you should thank them for noticing your weakness, and work on changing.
20.Forgive. Forgiveness is something that most people fail. Grudges only bring more misery to those who hold them and prevent good relations. Remaining angry feels horrible, while forgiving someone brings a refreshing sensation to the mind and healing to the relationship.
21.Be the person who makes others feel special. Be kind and sympathetic, best qualities of humans should be your inner guide.
22.Meditate at least 20 minutes daily. Simply sit somewhere, preferably in nature, and focus on your breathing, trying to think about nothing. You might find it boring or just impossible to think of nothing, but you will get better with the daily progression and you will learn to love it. Post-meditation, you will feel extremely clear-headed and just plain wonderful.
23.Learn to control your mind. The human mind is a stream of consciousness, which you can decide where to direct. Techniques like meditation and the ways to flush out negative thoughts will aid you immensely in learning to control your mind. With this you can learn to control your emotions. The only person that can make you unhappy is you. You decide whether you will be affected by the words and actions of others.
24.Get good at something. Call it a hobby, a passion, a new skill, whatever it is, just get good at it. Your occupation does not count, so make it something that you can practice often enough to excel at.
25.Be wise when choose your friends. Make sure the people around you are in accordance to the lifestyle you want to lead or you will find yourself being dragged again and again into behavior that distances you from your desires. Friends with a habit of producing negative thoughts will hurt you. Do not let anyone get in the way of you being all that you can be. Maintain your relationships with people, even if you think you are never going to see them again. There is already too much hatred in this world, so why add more towards the people you interact with?
26.Use and trust your intuition. When you spend time in silence everyday, listen not for words, but for a feeling that tells you to do something. Do not mix up your own reasoning and thoughts for those of your subconscious. If you track where the thought came from, then it was not from your subconscious. Learning to accurately differentiate between the two, will allow you to tap into knowledge that you do not consciously have
27. Love. If you truly want to be a master of life, let love be in your every action: love your friends, family and enemies – alike. This is a difficult thing to do, but if you accomplish this, you will be a leader among everyone that allows hate, envy, disgust and all other negative emotions into their lives. Love is so rare in this world when compared to the massive presence of hate, that by exuding love, you will immediately see yourself and the people around you change.